X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    I no longer see Dabo leaving CLEM to ALA for multiple reasons:

1) He won a NC at Clemson and has proven that he can beat and outcoach Saban (and Urban Meyer).
    2) Dabo has awoken the monster at Clemson, he's killing it on the recruiting trail, and HS stud athletes want to play for him.
    3) Just 3 weeks ago he signed an 8 yr / $54M contract ($6.75M/yr)
    4) Clemson is set up to compete for several more NC's in the next 4-5 yrs.
    5) 47 yrs old and he can coach at Clemson for another 15+ yrs. or when he wants to retire.
    6) You gotta be fricken' CRAZY to wanna coach at ALA and fill Nick Saban's size 3 shoes .

IMO, the next HC at ALA is immediately set up for failure and will never duplicate Saban's accomplishments. The fans will run him out of town if they lose to AUB, TEN, LSU, or don't make the CFB playoffs. The Gump fan base expectations are so high that many even criticized Saban last year for losing to Clemson on the final play.
    Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      I no longer see Dabo leaving CLEM to ALA for multiple reasons:

1) He won a NC at Clemson and has proven that he can beat and outcoach Saban (and Urban Meyer).
      2) Dabo has awoken the monster at Clemson, he's killing it on the recruiting trail, and HS stud athletes want to play for him.
      3) Just 3 weeks ago he signed an 8 yr / $54M contract ($6.75M/yr)
      4) Clemson is set up to compete for several more NC's in the next 4-5 yrs.
      5) 47 yrs old and he can coach at Clemson for another 15+ yrs. or when he wants to retire.
      6) You gotta be fricken' CRAZY to wanna coach at ALA and fill Nick Saban's size 3 shoes .

IMO, the next HC at ALA is immediately set up for failure and will never duplicate Saban's accomplishments. The fans will run him out of town if they lose to AUB, TEN, LSU, or don't make the CFB playoffs. The Gump fan base expectations are so high that many even criticized Saban last year for losing to Clemson on the final play.
      Of course, it is a little inconvenient that CNS is still going strong coaching at BAMA at least for now. It seems like that Size 3 has gotten stuck in a lot of Size 2 Coonarzes and turned them into The Clemson Monster?

I thought I might get overbooked with LSU avatar challenges this year but I guess not.

Injury report was not too bad. Lester Cotton will not practice for a couple of days. Dylan Moses, a Louisiana player who wanted to get away, likely will not practice for a day.

Comment

College Pick 'em looks a little easier this week other than a couple of travel/time zone games

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
          Roach was the def star last year but has disappeared in this new scheme. Coaches gotta move him outside to rush the passer with hager on the other side. More gary johnson at LB please. Hes a beast. Bench porter (practice star but gametime bust). Malik is slowly making me a believer that he will never get to the elite level. Just an avg college LB. 5-star bust. Our DBs are turrible. USC gonna light us up. Payback for nat champ game. I hope not, but could get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah Porter seemed to have trouble running against San Jose. He looks quick but it seems like he can't break tackles and is too small to be powerful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            I guess he could always take his statue with him
            Waayyyyyyyyyyyyy to heavy and sweaty.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              College Pick 'em looks a little easier this week other than a couple of travel/time zone games
              It's hard to believe anything can look easier than last week but it does. I will probably get 28 pts

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                Waayyyyyyyyyyyyy to heavy and sweaty.
                I mean it is made of gold

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                  It's hard to believe anything can look easier than last week but it does. I will probably get 28 pts
                  I thought last week was tough actually(I guessed well!).

Comment

Ags up 28 at half. Win by 3.
                    USC by fiddy. At half.

Comment

Hook'em! Herman stays undefeated against top 10 teams this week!

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                        Hook'em! Herman stays undefeated against top 10 teams this week!
                        I'll have whatever you've had. I'll call it a success if they merely don't get embarrassed this week.

Comment

Texas should win 2 more games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                            Ags up 28 at half. Win by 3.
                            USC by fiddy. At half.
                            congrats on a hard fought win and upsetting Nichols State

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                              I'll have whatever you've had. I'll call it a success if they merely don't get embarrassed this week.
                              Yep right there with you. Give me a decent gane without getting blown out of the stadium and Ill be happy. Secondary is gona get burned all game long.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Texas should win 2 more games.
                                TCU and who?

Comment

Working...
                                X