No announcement yet.

What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya'll have some nice rigs. We are still in a pop-up. Been in it for about 10 years now. Visited somewhere around 23 different Texas state parks and a couple in New Mexico. We are starting to look to upgrade but just can't seem to get out of this one. It's like luxury tent camping. The best of both worlds.
    This is it in Palo Duro Canyon
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
      Ya'll have some nice rigs. We are still in a pop-up. Been in it for about 10 years now. Visited somewhere around 23 different Texas state parks and a couple in New Mexico. We are starting to look to upgrade but just can't seem to get out of this one. It's like luxury tent camping. The best of both worlds.

This is it in Palo Duro Canyon

We loved our popup. It was so easy to tow and didn't kill my mileage. Plus, cross winds weren't near as brutal. The advantages at times almost out weigh the comforts of a bumper pull.

I finally got our hitch setup properly and was able to tow this go round without any trouble. I did only get 8.7mpg average out of our 5.0 with 3.55 gears but it was comfortable to tow so it's a trade off.

Y'all stay safe, enjoy your Monday at work, and plan your next trip now. I'm hooking up to ours as I type this to head to Cleburne State Park some 10 miles past Tres Rios where we are now.

God Bless...

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	24472979
        This is the current setup - 45 ft 2014 Cyclone Toy Hauler. Our third RV and 2nd Cyclone. It is heavy, but pulls ok with my ford dually. I don't usually pull it to the ranch, but the Mrs came along and won't stay in the old cabin.
        We average 30-35 nights a year in the RV.

Comment

We are now all setup at Cleburne State Park.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDad View Post
            [ATTACH]826179[/ATTACH]
            This is the current setup - 45 ft 2014 Cyclone Toy Hauler. Our third RV and 2nd Cyclone. It is heavy, but pulls ok with my ford dually. I don't usually pull it to the ranch, but the Mrs came along and won't stay in the old cabin.
            We average 30-35 nights a year in the RV.

Love it!

Comment

RV thread

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              We are now all setup at Cleburne State Park.

Michael, Cleburne is where we, this year have purchased our first RV. I brought it home set it up and planning a trip during our Christmas break. My wife has been chompin at the bits to make our maiden voyage. We are thinking on heading east towards Tennessee or maybe west to the Davis mountains. As you can tell we are like a kid in a new toy store, don't know where to start. Enjoy your trip, subscribed and following.

Comment

Originally posted by Iolabowhunter View Post
                Michael, Cleburne is where we, this year have purchased our first RV. I brought it home set it up and planning a trip during our Christmas break. My wife has been chompin at the bits to make our maiden voyage. We are thinking on heading east towards Tennessee or maybe west to the Davis mountains. As you can tell we are like a kid in a new toy store, don't know where to start. Enjoy your trip, subscribed and following.

We have been to Ft. David. Split the drive both ways by staying a night in Kerville. If you go there, be very mindful of the crosswinds on I-10! Other than that, it's a great place. There was an eclectic market in town across from the snake farm that had some awesome yummies! Enjoy your rig, I know we have!

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post

I think early june, we bought a 2017 Crossroads Zinger 33BH. ~37ft, 8500-9000 LBS. This one has 2 acs, outside cooking, dual gray tanks and 3 slides. I like how the bathroom is attached to "master". Rear bunkroom with slide in the back. Kitchen has slide has well as the sofa slide. I was happy with the "deal" I got on it, brand new. This trailer pulls and backs just fine, still super easy. I did put 5000lb air bags on my truck though, totally takes care of squatting. Everything in the trailer is just a little nicer than the coachmen. I have had the trailer back to dealer twice for warranty work. Leaking toilets, water heater hoses coming lose and frying solenoids, electric jack solenoids tripping. Otherwise, have not had a problem. Probably wouldn't buy another crossroads product.
                  Rehashing this. Wondering if I am expecting too much or is this stuff that common on RVs? Did I buy a "cheap" product?

Now over the fall, the furnace has only 2 of 5 registers getting air. The 2 overflow air registers in bunkroom blow like a leaf blower. Kitchen sink leaks at faucet connection. Kitchen floor is wrinkling in a spot or 2. Gasket has torn away from a slide on the outside. Cabinet door is bowing. Some bumper guard along roof line has wiggled out. In 6 months time the trailer has been back to the dealer for the 3rd time (just dropped it off last weekend.)

Is this thing a lemon? We don't live in it but does get used 2-4 days a time a month. Has been towed mostly every use.

Comment

If you find one that doesn't have a handful of random issues, your lucky. If you find a dealer that can fix em right and get your trailer back to you in a decent amount of time, you are very lucky! The big dealer in Cleburne ain't it.....
                    A good independent RV tech is very handy! Good luck!
                    To the OP, we camped at Meridian State Park last weekend in the mucho cold like a buncha idiots!lol I've got a Coachmen 32' bunkhouse, Freedom Express, and it did very well. Group of 5 campers there and there were some folks running out of propane and a water pump gone bad but nothing major! I loaded up my fresh water tank and all went well but the ones who tried to hook up had frozen water supplies in about an hour!Lol

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                      Rehashing this. Wondering if I am expecting too much or is this stuff that common on RVs? Did I buy a "cheap" product?

Now over the fall, the furnace has only 2 of 5 registers getting air. The 2 overflow air registers in bunkroom blow like a leaf blower. Kitchen sink leaks at faucet connection. Kitchen floor is wrinkling in a spot or 2. Gasket has torn away from a slide on the outside. Cabinet door is bowing. Some bumper guard along roof line has wiggled out. In 6 months time the trailer has been back to the dealer for the 3rd time (just dropped it off last weekend.)

Is this thing a lemon? We don't live in it but does get used 2-4 days a time a month. Has been towed mostly every use.
                      With your air issues, check the hoses going to those registers. We had this issue with warm air not getting to our back bedroom and I finally traced this issue to a blockage created by a couple of mouse nests built inside the hose. We were lucky in that the mouse didn't seem to spend much time there as there was no stink or nastiness, just some old cotton fiber stuffing from an old easy chair stored in the same shop as our trailer.

Of course, the hoses may have disconnected from the registers too. Hope this helps.

Comment

Here's ours. 2010 Airstream Classic Limited 30. 50 amp service, two a/c's, vinyl flooring throughout (no carpet). I have to admit, it's quirky and not for everyone, but it has stood the test and come through marvelously. The first pic is from the "Polar Vortex" January 2014 in Maryland (DC area) when temps got down to a couple degrees below zero. We actually live in it for a couple of months during this time (Christmas through Feb). No busted pipes and we never had to make that "walk of shame" to the bath house because our trailer was out of commission. Many in the camp had to. Our dump valves did freeze, but a Little Buddy heater took care of that in short order. We're very thankful for the trailer and it has been a blessing to us as we own a small ranch with no house yet in the panhandle and we take the trailer when we go out there.

Biggest modifications have been changing up to 16" E-rated Michelin LTX light truck tires and ProPride P3 hitch. For those of you with bumper pull trailer sway issues you just cannot get under control, check out the ProPride. It's high dollar, but since I have so far been unable to put a price on safe towing, it's been worth every penny. It'll cure what sways ya.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                          Here's ours. 2010 Airstream Classic Limited 30. 50 amp service, two a/c's, vinyl flooring throughout (no carpet). I have to admit, it's quirky and not for everyone, but it has stood the test and come through marvelously. The first pic is from the "Polar Vortex" January 2014 in Maryland (DC area) when temps got down to a couple degrees below zero. We actually live in it for a couple of months during this time (Christmas through Feb). No busted pipes and we never had to make that "walk of shame" to the bath house because our trailer was out of commission. Many in the camp had to. Our dump valves did freeze, but a Little Buddy heater took care of that in short order. We're very thankful for the trailer and it has been a blessing to us as we own a small ranch with no house yet in the panhandle and we take the trailer when we go out there.

Biggest modifications have been changing up to 16" E-rated Michelin LTX light truck tires and ProPride P3 hitch. For those of you with bumper pull trailer sway issues you just cannot get under control, check out the ProPride. It's high dollar, but since I have so far been unable to put a price on safe towing, it's been worth every penny. It'll cure what sways ya.
                          I have always wanted a Airstream.
                          Very nice!

Comment

73 Silver Streak. The thing is nearly all original other than new plumbing and AC. It seems to be indestructible.
                            Attached Files

Comment

In for gathering somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't want to pull a trailer anymore. This is a lot easier to drive.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X