Had a run in with the law tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    Be glad it wasn't Chew. He would have told you corny jokes until you begged to go to jail.
    and stole your ice cream

Comment

While watching live PD recording I hear my wife
      “how come no one listens what police officer tells them and everyone argues with police officers??”

I just smiled.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        and stole your ice cream
        There's a lot of truth to y'alls statements. I pulled one old lady over back in the 90s because she had a big boquet of birthday balloons in the back window. I asked if she knew why I stopped her. She said, "Because my balloons are blocking my view?". I said, "No. Just wanted to tell you happy birthday from the Harris County Sheriff's Office". I thought she was gonna cry she was so relieved.

But I've also been known to say, "I stopped you for being a dumba$% in a No dumba$% zone".

Comment

Glad you're ok, that could have turned out bad.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chew;1345699

But I've also been known to say, "I stopped you for being a dumba$% in a No dumba$% zone".[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I can see you doing that. Lol!

Comment

I had a Farmersville PD, stop me after crossing Lavon, I was doing 67 in a 60.. no big deal, pulled in off the road for our safety, had my license and LTC out with insurance, right away he asked how fast I was doing over the lake, and I replied , what did you clock at. he says I got 78, and I laughed and said no Sir I was doing 67, yadda yadda yadda, he asked about my gun, I showed him that it was in the door, after all the pleasantries... he thanked me for being cooperative and I thanked him. he said Have a nice day. simple pleasantries will take you so much farther.....

Comment

You should probably go get some counseling and pet some puppies until it passes.

I too have never had a bad experience with police. A few grumpy ones but, hey, what profession doesn't have those?

Don't mean to take away from your near death experience but I have a question for LEO on here. My wife got stopped on I-30 east of Sulphur Springs. Officer said it was because she didn't have a front license plate. He did not even write her a warning. I suspected he was profiling looking for drug runners. She was driving a BMW M5 with somewhat tinted glass. I'm pretty sure he lost interest when he saw a middle aged woman dressed in business attire. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  I’m on the cop’s side.....

anyone that doesn’t get a blizzard needs a tazing
                  That’s funny!!

Great story. Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                    You should probably go get some counseling and pet some puppies until it passes.

I too have never had a bad experience with police. A few grumpy ones but, hey, what profession doesn't have those?

Don't mean to take away from your near death experience but I have a question for LEO on here. My wife got stopped on I-30 east of Sulphur Springs. Officer said it was because she didn't have a front license plate. He did not even write her a warning. I suspected he was profiling looking for drug runners. She was driving a BMW M5 with somewhat tinted glass. I'm pretty sure he lost interest when he saw a middle aged woman dressed in business attire. Am I right?
                    Pretty sure you are supposed to have a front license plate in Texas.

Comment

I got a ticket near Dumas for speeding a couple years ago.
                      I deserved it. It was appropriate. (I should be from DumAss)
                      It was Robert Earl's fault!

Comment

First off, glad it went well. I will probably get flamed for this one but here it goes, a license plate light?? Really? He was fishing, plain and simple. That's just my opinion, and my father in laws, retired DPS with 33 years,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          First off, glad it went well. I will probably get flamed for this one but here it goes, a license plate light?? Really? He was fishing, plain and simple. That's just my opinion, and my father in laws, retired DPS with 33 years,,,,,,,

Absolutely he was fishing but hey it’s still a requirement. As a retired DPS officer I’m sure you know how many people get pulled over for a simple issue and have a lot more going on than a tail light..

Also thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                            Pretty sure you are supposed to have a front license plate in Texas.
                            Yes, it is a requirement. But given there was no warning and he did not even tell her to go get it taken care of, I thought it was just an excuse (albeit a legal one) to pull her over in search of a bigger fish.

Comment

I call BS .... Cibolo PD does not hand out warnings !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                I got a warning citation in Corrigan last weekend. Officer was professional.
                                If you hadn’t mentioned the weekend, was gonna ask if it was Chewsday again.

I got a warning from DPS for going 7 mph over the 50 mph limit. He could see I just had new tires installed. They are oversized and my speedometer hasn’t been calibrated for it. He couldn’t have been nicer. Professional all the way. I thanked him and went on my way.

Comment

Working...
                                X