Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was behind the assassination of JFK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    I have done a lot of research on the subject. One thing people overlook is, JFK and RFK set out to bring about the end of the Mafia. The Mafia is known to have threatened the lives of both JFK and RFK if they did not relent. Also, Oswald was no "under the radar" communist convert. He was all over TV as well as in numerous newspaper and magazine articles trying to sell communism to the United States. Thus, his public profile made him easy to find since he was usually on street corners handing out literature. In Oswald, the Mafia could see a willing patsy a mile away.

Remember, Oswald was not a particularly intelligent specimen nor was he well educated. Listen to him speak and read his writings (if you can decipher the misspellings). I believe the Mafia decided to follow through with their threat and used Oswald in that plan, thereby making Oswald was the perfect patsy. It would not have been hard to convince him to be a part of something "big" in the name of communism. I believe he WAS on the 6th floor that day and I believe he actually did connect with one of three shots. However, he was not alone. There was another shooter on the grassy knoll to ensure the job was completed. They did not want to have to use that shooter but when Oswald failed to incapacitate Kennedy, the pro fired one shot. A head shot at 40 yards....he was DRT. I also believe there was a layer of assassins on that motorcade route but little evidence exists to support that. Tactically, it makes perfect sense. After the shooting, Oswald wasn't smart enough to plan an adequate exit strategy and he was captured. It worked out very well for the Mafia.
    I have done zero research but I think it is something down these lines...

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      Neither the best FBI or TDPS sharp shooters could duplicate either the accuracy or speed of fire that Oswald was supposed to have done with the 6.5 Carcano.
      In an effort to test the rifle under conditions that matched the assassination, the Infantry Weapons Evaluation Branch of the U.S. Army's Ballistics Research Laboratory had expert riflemen fire the assassination weapon from a tower at three silhouette targets at distances of 175, 240, and 265 feet (81 m).[67] Using the assassination rifle mounted with the telescopic sight, three marksmen, rated as master by the National Rifle Association, each fired two series of three shots. In the first series, the firers required time spans of 4.6, 6.75, and 8.25 seconds respectively. On the second series, they required 5.15, 6.45, and 7 seconds. The marksmen took as much time as they wanted for the first target at 175 feet (53 m), and all hit the target. For the first four attempts, the firers missed the second shot at 240 feet (73 m) by several inches. Five of the six shots hit the third target at 265 feet (81 m), the distance of President Kennedy from the sixth floor window when he was struck in the head.[68] None of the marksmen had any practice with the assassination weapon beforehand except to work the bolt.

Comment

Were the seond and third targets stationary? (not moving ...so ..the shooters knew where they would be when they had to reposition...?)
        I would think that target acquisition on moving target post-first shot (dealing with recoil) then again after the second shot, would add another level of complexity to the equation..

Comment

One possibility I've never seen mentioned is the theory there were two completely independent assassination teams there in Dallas that day. LHO on his own, and a hit team operating under orders from the mafia. The parade route was published in the newspapers prior to the President's arrival. Maybe two shooters coincidentally chose the same time and place.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            In an effort to test the rifle under conditions that matched the assassination, the Infantry Weapons Evaluation Branch of the U.S. Army's Ballistics Research Laboratory had expert riflemen fire the assassination weapon from a tower at three silhouette targets at distances of 175, 240, and 265 feet (81 m).[67] Using the assassination rifle mounted with the telescopic sight, three marksmen, rated as master by the National Rifle Association, each fired two series of three shots. In the first series, the firers required time spans of 4.6, 6.75, and 8.25 seconds respectively. On the second series, they required 5.15, 6.45, and 7 seconds. The marksmen took as much time as they wanted for the first target at 175 feet (53 m), and all hit the target. For the first four attempts, the firers missed the second shot at 240 feet (73 m) by several inches. Five of the six shots hit the third target at 265 feet (81 m), the distance of President Kennedy from the sixth floor window when he was struck in the head.[68] None of the marksmen had any practice with the assassination weapon beforehand except to work the bolt.
            Granted he rattled those shots off quickly, but I never found his marksmanship to be some kind of supernatural feat, he was not that far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
              Granted he rattled those shots off quickly, but I never found his marksmanship to be some kind of supernatural feat, he was not that far away.
              ...key in the power of the scope... the size of the target...the fact it was moving... the downward trajectory, whatever the winds were like, the caliber, the weapon itself, and doing it from a standing position ... then add in the distances...and times..
              He was incredible.

Comment

Agreed. I was none too impressed. I revert back to the head shot. As previously stated, I have not seen the vast majority of blood, tissue and body travel toward the direction of any rifle bullet.

As part of my project research, I used a 6.5 Swede (a close ballistic match to the 6.5 Carcano with the 160 gr round nose) and shot a mix of cantaloupes, melons and tomatoes with the round from the same approximate distance from the 6th floor window. Twenty in total. At 8 feet, I recorded each shot at 1/1000 speed. Not a single time, not one, did the meat or skin of the fruit travel toward me when struck by the bullet. The fruit did not fall or roll toward the shot either. I'm no Sheldon Cooper but physics is what physics is.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
                  http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
                  I have seen this also and it sounds plausible.
                  I think that the M-16 was a fairly new rifle at that time, maybe the agent was unfamiliar with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                    Agreed. I was none too impressed. I revert back to the head shot. As previously stated, I have not seen the vast majority of blood, tissue and body travel toward the direction of any rifle bullet.

As part of my project research, I used a 6.5 Swede (a close ballistic match to the 6.5 Carcano with the 160 gr round nose) and shot a mix of cantaloupes, melons and tomatoes with the round from the same approximate distance from the 6th floor window. Twenty in total. At 8 feet, I recorded each shot at 1/1000 speed. Not a single time, not one, did the meat or skin of the fruit travel toward me when struck by the bullet. The fruit did not fall or roll toward the shot either. I'm no Sheldon Cooper but physics is what physics is.
                    "Back, and to the left"

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      ...key in the power of the scope... the size of the target...the fact it was moving... the downward trajectory, whatever the winds were like, the caliber, the weapon itself, and doing it from a standing position ... then add in the distances...and times..
                      He was incredible.
                      With some practice hitting a watermelon sized target @ under 100 meters, even a moving target, is not at all impossible. The wind wouldn't even play much of a factor at that distance.

Comment

"Back, and to the left"
                        Yep. A 40 yard chip shot from the 2:00 position to right front hairline of Kennedy's head would, in fact, cause his head to lurch toward the 7:00 position. I wonder about folks who try to dispute basic physics. Especially, forensic scientists.

Comment

With some practice hitting a watermelon sized target @ under 100 meters, even a moving target, is not at all impossible. The wind wouldn't even play much of a factor at that distance.
                          Wind is an inconsequential factor on a 160 gr 6.5 mm bullet at 100 meters shooting at a moving target.

Comment

There was a long list of people who wanted him dead

His party
                            The republicans
                            The mafia (for numerous reasons, I'm particularly fond of Sam Giancana's telling)
                            His wife (Jackie wanted a divorce, Joe told her to live with it)
                            The Russians
                            The Cubans
                            The Vietnamese

All this is only a part of what fuels all these wonderful conspiracy theories. It has kept me entertained with books, interviews and documentaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The 6.5 Carcano was a notoriously bad shooting gun. In WW2, it was joked that they were so bad so the Italians wouldn't accidentally hit some one, make them mad and they would conquer Italy again.

I just think it's sad that no one will be alive that was alive when it happened will get to see the reports when they are finally revealed to the public. If it went down like they say then why is it still sealed? What would it hurt now?

Comment

bullets do weird things in people. I watched two friends get shot by a sniper in our ao in Afghanistan. Both under the right arm pit as they pointed to something. Guy 1 bullet goes in arm pit exits just above right hip. Bullet went in curved back and exited. The guy didn't have a damaged organ at all and walked away. Guy two exact same shot and exit. Guy didn't have an intact organ left dead before he hit the ground. I wasn't alive for the Kennedy assassination but i do know bullets do weird things.

Comment

Working...
                                X