Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-trade, Scott trade or similar. Which one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    1/1/09 the S&P was at ~865. Today it closed at 2353...
    I hope you are right. I really do. However, my personal belief is that the market is a rigged environment and there is no organic growth to support these levels. In a market where Black Box HFT has gone from tin foil hat theory to admitted reality by the exchanges, there is no place for me to compete on a level playing field. So I am out.

But I do wish nothing but prosperity to those whom trade. It is just not to my liking at present. Good trading. (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-11/you-are-here )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TejasNW; 04-11-2017, 09:30 PM. Reason: referencing article

Comment

Originally posted by TejasNW View Post
      I hope you are right. I really do. However, my personal belief is that the market is a rigged environment and there is no organic growth to support these levels. In a market where Black Box HFT has gone from tin foil hat theory to admitted reality by the exchanges, there is no place for me to compete on a level playing field. So I am out.

But I do wish nothing but prosperity to those whom trade. It is just not to my liking at present. Good trading. (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-11/you-are-here )
      My response was due to your eluding to being far away from the markets for the last eight years. Did I read that wrong?

Comment

I've had Scottrade for a long time and have been very satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          My response was due to your eluding to being far away from the markets for the last eight years. Did I read that wrong?
          No, you read it correctly. I have had no skin in the game for a long time. I have watched and tried to make sense of it; but came to the conclusion that it was not where I wanted my money.

Comment

I started a TD Ameritrade account about a week and a half ago. It has been good so far. Easy to use and plenty of tools available. Now I just need some trades to go my way and I'll be up and going!

Comment

I've used TD for a few years and been happy with them.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I am going to check into a couple the next few days.

Comment

I use scotttrade in Round Rock, I can go there and talk to a real person if I want to...

Comment

Working...
                  X