DIY Faux Wood Beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work.

My faux beams were so high, and distressed, so I knew it'd be wasted effort to do any nice joinery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beams.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	24584389

I have the same planer, and I don't see how you run it without a collector.
    Even outside ... what a mess!

Comment

Bang up job guys. I like the heck out of those!!

Comment

That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          Nice work.

My faux beams were so high, and distressed, so I knew it'd be wasted effort to do any nice joinery.

I was thinking about getting a bigger capacity but my G0454Z does good. I have a Woodmaster W3875 drum sander and with #40 grit installed I can remove quite of bit of wood on glue ups/counter tops/doors wider than 20” The sander does have dust collection.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
            I was thinking about getting a bigger capacity but my G0454Z does good. I have a Woodmaster W3875 drum sander and with #40 grit installed I can remove quite of bit of wood on glue ups/counter tops/doors wider than 20” The sander does have dust collection.
            If you get a 24", I'm asking for your help now.
            I have some big mesquite slabs that I'd like to make into (single piece top) cornhole boards.

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

looks amazing you have some skills!

I was wondering why you needed the supports?. those I beams usually will hold a heck of alot of weight... I know in mine I have a 3 ton trolley and have lifted some heavy stuff right off the main I beam

Comment

"The wife and myself assembled two halves over the square tubing. "

Every time I open your threads I admire your craftsmanship. With as much as your wife helps you I'd bet she could out build most of TBH!

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                    looks amazing you have some skills!

I was wondering why you needed the supports?. those I beams usually will hold a heck of alot of weight... I know in mine I have a 3 ton trolley and have lifted some heavy stuff right off the main I beam
                    I am not an engineer so tend to over build things. When I welded up the building I used the same beams as I did on the shop I built 10 years ago. knowing it will support the R panel but I added nearly 3000lbs of shiplap ceiling so I felt the span called for something. It gives me a little peace of mind. We did get 11" of snow here on Christmas day 2004 so I also have to think about that additional load every 25 years or so

The mrs did not like them until we covered the tubing but she has changed he mind. I does take away from the space though its right at 1000 sq ft

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      "The wife and myself assembled two halves over the square tubing. "

Every time I open your threads I admire your craftsmanship. With as much as your wife helps you I'd bet she could out build most of TBH!
                      We have been married for 31 years now and she has been soul mate, mother of 2 daughters and helper for that time. There is nothing and I mean nothing she wont attempt to do. Notice I said attempt there, sometimes she messes with things I prograstinate on. She doesn't like to sit still either and cracks the whip on me all the time. Yesterday while I was staining doors she went out and shredded about 10 acres and lunch ready at noon.

Here she is on top of a ladder in white capris and sandals helping me with the barndo roof beam.

I could/can not do alot of things without her support and help.
                      I am very very blessed to have found her and married her.
                      Last edited by sendit; 07-11-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

You are blessed!

Woodwork and barndo look awesome.

Comment

Great work Sir!

Comment

Looks Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              Nice work.

[ATTACH]963139[/ATTACH]

You lazy....

Comment

Those look really good!! That is a lot of planing!

Comment

Working...
                                X