Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
    Found one spot with blood on the main trail and my muzzy with 8" of shaft by the fence line. Still no luck.

Never found the other 21" of arrow. The brood head had hair and meat in the blades and shaft was plugged with what looked like lung and blood
    Thats tough. Hope u get lucky

Comment

Found one spot with blood on the main trail and my muzzy with 8" of shaft by the fence line. Still no luck.

Never found the other 21" of arrow. The brood head had hair and meat in the blades and shaft was plugged with what looked like lung and blood
      Oh man, so sorry to hear that. that thought always bugs me when hunting in the evening the way we do here by ourselves. I have got to carrying a lantern in the truck when I hunt evenings just for that reason, after the last deer I shot left little to no blood trail I could find right at dark. Found out by logical reasoning, and some prayer for sure.

What size buck is it?

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
        Who's heading out tonight?
        Cannot make it out tonite...and have jury duty starting in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
          I have shot a doe and a good 8pt already. HaVe a new 8 showing up and was curious.....
          Make sure you read the rules....you're only allowed one legal buck with a 13" spread or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
            Make sure you read the rules....you're only allowed one legal buck with a 13" spread or greater.
            Where did you see that? I cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
              Where did you see that? I cant find it
              The hunting policy states "antler restrictions are in force". If you read the antler restriction policy set by TPWD it states that only one legal buck measuring at least 13" may be harvested per season.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                The hunting policy states "antler restrictions are in force". If you read the antler restriction policy set by TPWD it states that only one legal buck measuring at least 13" may be harvested per season.
                Antler restrictions, not bag limits...the lake has 50 mld buck tags...it dosent matter if all 50 of those bucks are taken by 1 hunter or if 50 hunters shoot 1 each.

Comment

I'd Ask Brad before you shoot a 2nd buck.

Then post and let us know!

To me it would seem each buck requires 1 doe, so if you shot 2 does you can get 2 bucks, but that's just a guess.

I'd personally just call Brad or call the office and ask.

Let me know if we can shoot unlimited bucks after 1 doe ;-)....but i doubt it.
                  They way they said it was you had to get a doe to get a buck tag....Tag is singular.

But I don't know for sure, never been in that situation. I've only gotten Does at the lake so far. I did see some nice shooters --- when I could not shot them! Dang smart deer.

Comment

Im heading back out starting this weekend and the next for 3 day hunts.

Anyone seen anything?

Comment

Im heading back out starting this weekend and the next for 3 day hunts.

Anyone seen anything?
                      Last few times ive been out they are moving late and sticking to the trails.

If you have any flexibility in your spot move down the trail they are using to come in to give yourself extra time.

Comment

I will be there this weekend also

Comment

I will be there all weekend, still trying to find a flipping doe to shish kabob. At least it will not be so darn cold, although they will not move as much.

Comment

Saw a doe but she would not come out of the brush

Comment

saw nada this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                                Saw a doe but she would not come out of the brush
                                Yeah, I can relate. Frustrating.. been my whole season like that with doe this year too. Working on my new "brush busting arrow" for next season. So far the problem is creating a launcher smaller than the bed of my truck. Not sure if a ballista fits the approved TPWD list of archery equipment though...

Comment

Working...
                                X