No announcement yet.

F150 tip of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I am going to go check my doors. I have a 2010 and the fuel pump modulator just went out and had to replace it. Other than that no problems with 138K on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
      I am buying another 5 year extended warranty (still working on quotes since it’s all negotiable). $2,500 warranty for next 5 years vs $45,000 new truck. That is the question.

I guess I have been living under a rock because I was not aware of an additional extended warranty. Is the new extended warranty a Ford factory warranty or from somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can and it’s Fords premium service protection warranty. You can buy them online on Ford’s website or directly from dealer. The beauty is there is no set price. I usually call every dealership around and get quotes. No two are the same, then you can use it as leverage to negotiate. Goes for buying new as well. Best I have got so far as of yesterday is a 5 year 60,000 for $2,500. Got as high as $3,200 for same one. They will just need your VIN # and mileage.

Comment

Not just Fords. My daughter's Nissan Altima used to have that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
          Hope I get lucky since I caught it today after it happened last night

Put charcoal briquettes on the floorboard... it will help absorb. Been there, done that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone else beat me to this... F150 tip of the day. Buy a Toyota.

Comment

2013. Got the blow dryer under the carpet as we speak
              He'll mine's a 2013....reckon I better check it out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my sun roof replaced under warranty because it stopped working in the open position. Back glass was replaced because it rattled. Door panel key pad replaced because would not light up, rear sliding glass button replace, AC evaporator replaced, AC control replaced, rear differential seal was leaking and replaced, o-ring in radiator hose that failed and caused leak replaced, door lock actuators repacked. Lucky all under warranty, but **** the luck for sure. If anyone has a problem with their F-150 hit me up, I have seen some problems. This is all under 55,000 miles and have 5,000 more to go under warranty
                I've not had mind in the shop one time. Bought it in December 13. 75k miles now. Best truck I ever owned. Hope I didn't just jinx the hell outta that!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll have to check mine. Thanks for the warning.

Another tip... if your windshield wiper starts acting funny, probably the multifunction switch that is $30 and takes about 10 minutes to swap out.

Comment

My wife’s 2013 Expedition does the same thing. The camera went out on my f150 today. I looked up my extended warranty info and it expired 2 weeks ago. That’s about right for my luck.

Comment

Good info here.

I'm driving a '13 now, but the 3rd brake light on my '06 leaked like a sieve, until i put clear silicone all around it.
                      Last edited by HeyMikey; 03-31-2018, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X