asparagus recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asparagus recipes?

I need some. The garden is making enough for a meal every 2 days. I'm a big fan of grilling them, I just can't fire the grill up all the time. I tried sauteing them in butter and garlic the other day because everything is good sauteed in butter, except asparagus apparently. Recipes need to be carb and sugar free please. Thanks.

Olive Oil salt pepper in skillet

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      I need some. The garden is making enough for a meal every 2 days. I'm a big fan of grilling them, I just can't fire the grill up all the time. I tried sauteing them in butter and garlic the other day because everything is good sauteed in butter, except asparagus apparently. Recipes need to be carb and sugar free please. Thanks.
      Dang...thats one of my favorite ways. Either butter and garlic or olive oil and garlic.

Comment

We make a sauce with butter and brown sugar (melt on stove). Wrap asparagus in bacon, cover in sauce and back for 20-30mins.

Comment

Pickle it.

Comment

Just sautéed in a lightly oiled pan with salt/pepper. Little bit of lemon or butter before serving if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by BSOB View Post
              Dang...thats one of my favorite ways. Either butter and garlic or olive oil and garlic.
              Same here. Probably didn't put enough garlic . I sauté the garlic in the butter or olive oil first the add the asparagus. Kids even love it.

Comment

We saute them in butter and lemon juice.

Comment

all the ways mentioned, but i also like them steamed

Comment

Put foil on a cookie sheet. Put asparagus on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and put shredded parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven until done to your likeness.

My wife just cut some up and put it in some pasta salad with rabbit... it was good. Too bad you don't like carbs.

Comment

I put asparagus in a couple gallon sized bags with olive oil, fresh minced garlic (lots), and your favorite all season. Sometimes I add a little balsamic vinaigrette. Then roll around in bag to generously coat all sides of asparagi in oil/seasoning. I either grill or do the foil on cookie sheet in oven method that SwampRabbit described.

It'll make you slap ur mama...

Comment

Grill and throw a little bleu cheese on it...good stuff.

Comment

I bet your urine is ripe!!! I like it any way except raw. Like one said before, pickle some. Keeps you from getting burned out on it and keeps well. Also makes great neighborly gifts.

Comment

Toss in a bowl with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Then bacon wrap. Usually 3 pieces wrapped is perfect. Either grill or bake

Comment

Gallon bag with olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Then grill or bake. The longer you let them marinate the better!

Steamed with holandaise sauce (the only way I like asparagus that's mushy)

Wrap the stalks in prosciutto, hit em with some olive oil and pepper and grill or bake.

We also like to batter and deep fry them, but that isn't diet friendly.

Comment

Working...
                              X