No announcement yet.

Prime Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dude that shoots prime on the outdoor show, the one in the commercial that says "if you missed I bet it's your bow"

Freaking missed an elk on the show last week

Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do they compare with Elites??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my Prime Ion. Uber smooth butter draw. Solid wall. QUIET! And LIGHT!

Comment

The Rival will be my next bow, such a sweet shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            The Rival will be my next bow, such a sweet shooter.
            Have you shot the Rize?

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
              Have you shot the Rize?
              Yes ma'am, and that's why I am trying to wait until the Rival comes out in the 82x alloy, I really think it will add another dimension to the Rival.

The Rize doesn't check enough boxes for me, actually only one, too short A2A. However, it shoots like a longer A2A bow and the brace height is higher which I liked. I did notice it was even more dead in the hand than the Rival; not even a little jump forward. I am not sure if this is due to the shorter riser or the 82x alloy. I have read about the weird noise the 82x alloy makes, and I have to say it didn't sound any louder, but it was a bit different, like a different pitch; but definitely quiet at the shot. And, when I was standing next to it while it was being shot by someone else it was even more quiet, so the sound is definitely louder for the shooter for some reason.

The Rize is 33" A2A, which really isn't that short by modern definitions; and if they didn't make the Rival I would definitely be shooting it. The Rival just held better for me, that's all. But I think, with a little weight in the right spots, I could shoot lights out with the Rize easily enough.

I also have to say, the fit and finish on the Prime bows is second to none. The Optifade and the Elevation camo are some of the coolest you will find and I also shot a One STX 36 in the "Storm Trooper" colors (black and white) that was perfect in every detail on the finish. And it's not just the colors, you can tell it is a quality finish.

Comment

I have two Prime Shifts. 1-60 lb and 1-70 lb. Both shoot great...

Comment

Is this back?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody heard of this 89X material? I cant find any info on it. From what I hear it makes the riser stiffer, wonder if it makes hand shock any different from a softer riser?

Comment

Dave Cousins shoots for Prime. I would suspect they are well built bows.

Comment

I have a Prime Impact - love it. Will probably upgrade to the new 2017 bow if the new features are as big of a change as I think that they are. Cinnamon Creek is definitely the place to check them out. Talk to Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by GunBow View Post
                          Has anybody heard of this 89X material? I cant find any info on it. From what I hear it makes the riser stiffer, wonder if it makes hand shock any different from a softer riser?
                          The 8000 series of Aluminum alloy is reserved for other alloys not covered by the existing Aluminum alloy charts; Aluminum-Lithium alloys are an example.

While not exactly known, Prime keep this as a closely guarded secret, I believe the 89X material to be an Aluminum-Lithium alloy, or something very similar. The main reason is that the Alu.-Li. alloy is designated as 8090; an X designation means that it is hardened after being strain hardened and then tempered at a low temperature, IF it has an H3 classification.

As a comparison the normal Aluminum alloys used in bow risers like 6061 and 7075 will carry a T designation to convey the method of heating to achieve tempering (ie, T6 is solution hardened and artificially aged).

From shooting a few 89X risers I can say the sound is a bit different than a traditional 6061 or 7075 riser, not louder just a higher pitch (to me anyway). Some say that felt hand shock is greater but I believe this to be more about the risers design (and overall bow design) rather than the material used. As an anecdote the new risers made by Prime, the Centergy and the Centergy Hybrid have almost no felt hand shock when compared to the Rize model.

Again, this alloy is just a best guess as the 8000 designation can be almost anything, including tinal elements and can be a purely proprietary blend specified by Prime. But the 8090 alloy is in wide use in space and aeronautics and is, INMHO, the best contender for the 89X that Prime uses.

This is just me though, and I am no metallurgist; just a bow geek.

Comment

Great information!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

The new cyntergy is great, best bow I have shot and will prob get one this offseason

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X