No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky! I have pictures of them moving around night the past two nights around midnight.... Their timing is impeccable!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have pictures of early and late morning. Quality sucks but this guy came through morning before season.. lol go figure. Can't see any tines but looks to be wide. I went ahead and threw a better cam in that spot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

He does look like a good one! Good luck hunting him!

Comment

Well it was slow for us too. Had a doe come in opening morning and started eating acorns at 25yrds for about 4min stood to take a shot and she caught me, blew and ran. A 100" buck snuck in 10min after her. Nothing sat night. This morning at 9:20am I saw an assembly line of 7 doe 50yrds behind me traveling at a stride. 1hr later a coyote came out. I'm assuming he is what had them running. Nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            Slow again this morning. But about 25 minutes ago I had 2 bucks at about 80 yards sparing. Couldn't tell much other than they were bucks one looked pretty good. They were in some brush. Going to try to make a move on them tonight. They were within 30 yards of where I saw that buck lastnight. So maybe I'm learning something on them.

Are you sure they were fighting? If so I'm going to try rattling next weekend

Comment

Positive. One would rake the tree then they'd lock horns. Nothing aggressive though. Because after they just walked off together

Last edited by BW96; 10-02-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I did try tickling the horns together a couple of times, but it didn't do anything but make me be on high alert for the next 30 mins.

Comment

Up and set this am. Kicked up a deer walking in. Got a late start. Took forever to get to my spot and sounded like a big cow breaking branches the whole way in. Is it just me or is everything crunchy, lol

Comment

Well that's a wrap. Time to get back to the real world till next weekend I'll be back. No action this morning other than a deer coming before daylight. 3 deer all weekend and all were bucks. Lol I couldn't pay a doe to give me a visit. Good luck to the rest that will be hunting this week. They don't seem to be moving much at all.

Comment

Walking out there without making noise is impossible, especially when the leaves start falling.

BW, when rifle season comes along all you will see is does. at least that's how it always works for me! Someone must be telling them the rules of the forest.

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                        Walking out there without making noise is impossible, especially when the leaves start falling.

BW, when rifle season comes along all you will see is does. at least that's how it always works for me! Someone must be telling them the rules of the forest.

Lol last year almost every sit I had deer in bow range.. this year different story so far

Comment

Late to the forum this year but here I am. Saw 7 opening eve, nothing close enough and all were does. Sunday morning they were moving around 9am and we saw 9 between 9and 10. Have a few dandy's this year. I'll dig and post pics soon. Fresh ground scrapes everywhere and they are checking them constantly. I'm hunting private low fence right next to Davy in case I post any with a feeder in sight.

Gar, any nice prospects for you fellas this year? Headed back out this weekend with the fiance and hope she bags her first buck. Have her on a really good trail coming from bedding and scrapes leading to a tiny pond then off to food. Put her a climber where I watched a double brow 10 come out at 80 yards last Sunday morning. Lots of day time pics lately but they are from mid morning to early afternoon.

White oaks have a bumper acorn crop this year already size of a half dollar.

Comment

Don't have a pic of the double brow yet but here's a few others. Will post more as I go through more cards.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some good looking deer in the picks. I love the high 8. Dnt know why but I love the high tighter baskets.

Comment

Nice bucks. That deer in the 2nd pic hasn't missed a meal..

Comment

Working...
                                X