No announcement yet.

Borracho beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorites! Make it every time I smoke pork ribs.

Comment

Bumping because it’s the perfect weather for these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use this recipe all time. One of my favorites.

Comment

Bout to fire up a pot today

Comment

When I get back stateside I’ll be making a batch

Comment

[emoji106][emoji108]

Comment

This deserves a bump to the top!
                I have cooked these beans many times over the last couple of years and they are ALWAYS great! I have served them at family dinners and at hoytie toytie banquets and they are a hit every time.
                I've quadrupled the recipe to serve 60 people (as a side dish) and ran out because folks came back for seconds and thirds of these beans.

The only deviation I've ever made from the original posted recipe is that I'll sometimes buy peeled canned tomatoes instead of using fresh. Otherwise, I make it exactly as written and have never been disappointed.

Thank you PB for this awesome recipe!

Edit - I sometimes cant add beer because of where I'm cooking, scout camps or work.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                  This deserves a bump to the top!
                  I have cooked these beans many times over the last couple of years and they are ALWAYS great! I have served them at family dinners and at hoytie toytie banquets and they are a hit every time.
                  I've quadrupled the recipe to serve 60 people (as a side dish) and ran out because folks came back for seconds and thirds of these beans.

The only deviation I've ever made from the original posted recipe is that I'll sometimes buy peeled canned tomatoes instead of using fresh. Otherwise, I make it exactly as written and have never been disappointed.

Thank you PB for this awesome recipe!

Edit - I sometimes cant add beer because of where I'm cooking, scout camps or work.

Thx KFD, you know what? I’m actually 50/50 on using beer. Sometimes I’ll add some but most times I just drink it lol.

Comment

PB...do you soak the beans and pour off water to de-gas the beans?

...the recipe sounds fantastic!

Comment

I do sometimes

Comment

This has been my go-to borracho recipe... thanks for sharing

Comment

Gonna have to try this. Any particular beer better then another?

Comment

It looks good and will be perfect for a pita wrap.

Comment

If you don't add the beer they ain't Borracho (drunken) beans! Don't worry 'bout the alcohol, it cooks off and just leaves the flavor. Use the beer you like to drink. That's the flavor you will like. yum

Comment

My first try forborracho frijoles. We loved them. Thx.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X