No announcement yet.

6.2L Chevy OR 5.7 Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy or 3.5 ecoboost ford if you're staying 1/2 ton. Not a fan of Toyota. Now if we were talking mid sized trucks or compact cars, then Toyota... Not a fan of their full sized trucks.

Comment

Have you ever seen a Tundra on a flatbed wrecker being hauled to the mechanics shop? .........I didnt think so!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Chev, GMC RPO codes for rear axle type ratios for 1/2 to 1 ton
        G44 Axle Rear 3.07
        G72 Axle Rear 2.14
        G75 Axle Rear 3.62
        G76 Positraction Rear
        G80 Not Open Diff – Positraction / Limited Slip / Typ. Gov-Lock
        G81 Positraction Rear Axle
        G82 Axle Rear 4.56
        G84 Axle Rear 4.10
        G86 Axle Rear, Limited Slip
        G87 Ring Gear, 8.5″
        G89 Ring Gear, 7.5″
        G90 Rear 3.15
        G91 Special Highway Rear Axle 3.08
        G94 Axle Rear 3.31
        G96 Axle Rear 3.55
        G97 Axle Rear 2.73
        GM RPO Codes, or General Motors “Regular Production Option” codes contain lots of valuable information about your GM vehicle. Identify your GMC or Chevrolet rear end gear ratio by the RPO Codes, usually located on the placard labeled “Service Parts Identification” inside the drivers door panel or glove box. (Accurate identification using the GM RPO code assumes that the rear end has not been previously modified) The prefix is usually F, G or H when referring to Axle Identification.
        This is not a complete list for the newer 8 speed trucks. The most common combination will be GU5 (3.23) with G80 (Limited slip) for the 4x4. If you have a 'J' (6.2) sitting in the eighth digit of the VIN that combo will put a smile on your face when you need to go in a hurry! Also, the 6.2 RPO code is L86.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Have you ever seen a Tundra on a flatbed wrecker being hauled to the mechanics shop? .........I didnt think so!
          Are you sure your in San Antonio? As I see yotas and rams on tilt trucks every day

Comment

JD shows that Chevy has 1 point over your beloved honda...not really chest thumping worthy for ya is it??
            Attached Files

Comment

I love my '17 GMC All Terrain 6.2

Comment

Those of you saying 6.2, does it change your mind if the truck I am looking at has the 6speed tranny vs the 8?

Basically asking if that would be a deal breaker or would the engine still make the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
                  Those of you saying 6.2, does it change your mind if the truck I am looking at has the 6speed tranny vs the 8?

Basically asking if that would be a deal breaker or would the engine still make the deal?
                  Not a deal breaker for me

Comment

The problem with Toyota's monstrous size OHC 5.7 knockoff of a GM Northstar is that it has reached the peak of it's power potential without adding boost or cubic inches. Same with the Ford 5.4 dohc. Adding boost or size makes one hard to fit into the vehicle without major body design.
                    GM and Dodge have stuck with the pushrod engines and still have more power to be gained from a naturally aspirated engine and room left under the hood.
                    Ford's fix was the Eco Boost to stay up with power requirements of the competition not that Tundra was ever any real competition. I have no idea what Toyota will do to keep up power wise except to phase out 5.7 DOHC motor and go to a straight pushrod motor like they run in NASCAR. If they elect to boost the 5.7 dohc they gonna need a lot more under the hood room and a big ol hump on top of the hood to hold all that stuff. If you think they are UGLY now just wait.

Comment

If towing near capacity of the 1/2 ton, I would opt for the 3/4 ton. I can only compare my F-250 with 6.2 gas vs. the Tundra 5.7 , towing the same 28' offshore boat. Power wise the F-250 out pulled the Toyota and handled the load much better with sway and stopping included. The Tundra was a better ride with out a doubt.

Comment

My prior truck was a 2010 Chevy half-ton with the 6.2 engine. I sold it at 150K miles and I never had a lick of trouble with the drivetrain. The interior, on the other hand, was a different matter altogether.

Comment

I had a 2010 6.0 3/4 chevy 6 speed auto and currently have a 2015 toyota tundra 4 door and the toyota does just as well in every department except maybe comfort and does better in fuel mileage. I would go toyota, but thats just my opinion. That full size cab gives so much room its crazy. And lets be honest, you dont buy a truck for fuel mileage. So getting 15 mpg is plenty imo. But that comes after getting around 12mpg on the highway and around 10mpg while pulling out of the chevy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            JD shows that Chevy has 1 point over your beloved honda...not really chest thumping worthy for ya is it??
                            Actually, My beloved Toyota is 5 spots ahead of Chevy on "your" list.
                            Last edited by Walker; 09-05-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Are they putting that 6.2 in a 4 door with an actual full sized bed....as in 8ft'? ...maybe the 3/4 - 1 tons?

Comment

Actually, My beloved Toyota is 5 spots ahead of Chevy on "your" list.
                                lol...touche.

Comment

Working...
                                X