Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra

Comment

Wife's truck has the 6.2 with 3.73s. 18 mpg is rare as hens teeth. Presumably cause it runs 80 so well...[emoji2]

Pulls my ranger like nothing and does well with a 21 foot center console
      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

6.2. We have the GMC Denali with that engine and easily ave 21MPG on the highway but idk how much the gearing varies from the trucks with the same engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Wife's truck has the 6.2 with 3.73s. 18 mpg is rare as hens teeth. Presumably cause it runs 80 so well...[emoji2]

Pulls my ranger like nothing and does well with a 21 foot center console
          Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          I didn't know you could get the 6.2 with 3.73.

Comment

Cheby all day long. There is no replacement for displacement if'n you gonna pull something.

Comment

I when I got mine I thought they said the 8-Speed only came with 3.23 gears. Could be wrong. Maybe the max trailer package has different rear end.

Not sure about older models.
              My 15 Z71 with 5.3 had 3.42 rear end.

Comment

Chev, GMC RPO codes for rear axle type ratios for 1/2 to 1 ton
                G44 Axle Rear 3.07
                G72 Axle Rear 2.14
                G75 Axle Rear 3.62
                G76 Positraction Rear
                G80 Not Open Diff – Positraction / Limited Slip / Typ. Gov-Lock
                G81 Positraction Rear Axle
                G82 Axle Rear 4.56
                G84 Axle Rear 4.10
                G86 Axle Rear, Limited Slip
                G87 Ring Gear, 8.5″
                G89 Ring Gear, 7.5″
                G90 Rear 3.15
                G91 Special Highway Rear Axle 3.08
                G94 Axle Rear 3.31
                G96 Axle Rear 3.55
                G97 Axle Rear 2.73
                GM RPO Codes, or General Motors “Regular Production Option” codes contain lots of valuable information about your GM vehicle. Identify your GMC or Chevrolet rear end gear ratio by the RPO Codes, usually located on the placard labeled “Service Parts Identification” inside the drivers door panel or glove box. (Accurate identification using the GM RPO code assumes that the rear end has not been previously modified) The prefix is usually F, G or H when referring to Axle Identification.
                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-05-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I would get the Chevy, but I would get a 2500. That way you can get a crew cab and a full 6.5 foot bed. Plus everything is built a little tougher. My dad has had gasser 3/4 ton Chevys for as long as I can remember, and they have all been reliable long lasting trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                    I would get the Chevy, but I would get a 2500. That way you can get a crew cab and a full 6.5 foot bed. Plus everything is built a little tougher. My dad has had gasser 3/4 ton Chevys for as long as I can remember, and they have all been reliable long lasting trucks.
                    Yeah bed size on a yota is really a killer for me, toolbox and medium size ice chest and your done

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                      My brother just bought a 1/2 ton crew cab with a 6.5ft bed. Rare, but they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        My brother just bought a 1/2 ton crew cab with a 6.5ft bed. Rare, but they exist.
                        I have seen fords set up like this. Didn't know there were any others. Learn something new every day.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

This would be most desired, but they are a rare bird for sure.

Comment

5.7 ram

Comment

Originally posted by k-town View Post
                              5.7 ram
                              Only one problem everything but the motor is junk

Comment

Tundra has the power but sucks the gas down. No way you will ever see 18mpg

Comment

Working...
                                X