Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Knife for LE Officer

Gentlemen,
    My cousin retired from the Colorado Springs police department. I would like to get him a special knife made, something that reflects "the Springs" police department or maybe a basic LE knife, ie a star, his initials etc....
    He ask me if our special needs son could come up and stay with him and his wife on June 9th. I like to see pics of anything you knife makers may have on hand that I could possibly purchase before then. It would have to be shipped to College Station so please include that in any quote you send me.
    BTW, he is not nor has he ever been a hunter. So Im thinking like a four inch fixed blade if that is legal length, not a folder, with nice sheath. He put in 38 years and Id like to get him something special.

Chops is your man

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
      Chops is your man
      X2

Comment

Get with Ryan Minchew on here. He made a blade with the Blue pins etc and a smooth azz sheath for our Back the Blue campaign. Awesome knife maker

Comment

Great gesture! Tell your cousin congratulations from a brother in blue.

Comment

SamHarper post up some good knife work on here. Heard he was pretty fast in making them as well.

Comment

Most custom guys can't put one together that fast. You might try Texas Knifemakers' Guild on FB and ask. Maybe somebody has something in stock that would suit you.

Comment

I might be able to help, I'll post some pics later of a few I have that are 50% complete.

Comment

Hog, see if any suits your fancy. I can etch the blade with whatever you want (depending on length). I also have a sheath 50% complete, or start from scratch. Choice of handle material would be Buckeye burl, mesquite, hackberry, mesquite with red liners, or some box elder, I may have a few more in my scale box. I also have 3 knifes/sheaths ready to go, too late to customize anything.

The blanks are already hardened, tempered and tested, all I would need to do is finish it out.

I'm not selling you a knife, I'll donate one to a retiring PO, just refund the shipping (@$7.00) and distribute business cards in CO Springs and Aggy land.

Discuss, pm me a number.
                  Attached Files

Comment

^^^^^Wow, an outstanding gesture. You sir, are a good man!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

whatever is in that plastic bag with blue liners would look sick!

Comment

Several good knife makers on here... but I had a custom, matched set, made by Chops. I highly recommend.

I"m in the Springs - tell him thanks for the work he put in.

If you are going to etch something... consider an outline of the mountain/rocks in Garden of the Gods..."kissing camels"... everyone around here knows exactly what that is and means.

Comment

I'm out, no more weekend.

Comment

Dougs above (Razorback01) made that Texas Ranger knife for me....more on it later but I'll tell you it is an amazing looking knife, pics don't even come close! And sharpest knife I've ever handled!!! It's going up to Waco to be auctioned off soon.

Comment

Bruce...Sam Harper of whom I own 2 of his knives does great work. While I do not own any of chops knives, from​ what I see is artwork and beautiful.
                              Look up www.rtcustomknives.com
                              RossTyser he made the official knife for the shot show for many years. He forges all of his own blades. I have one from him, a guthook model with Maple burl scales.
                              He does amazing work.

Comment

Working...
                              X