Asa allowing stringwalking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asa allowing stringwalking

Asa is starting bare bow class next year for all of you string walkers. 30 yard max. Idk if it is known distance and I figure compounders will be shooting too. If you want the class to last, go shoot it

I never understood why things like this are not legal in 3D??? It not like they are adding a sight bar on their bow. To me, it's just a smarter indian thing! Same with the bow restrictions at the Texas State Longbow Championship. I understand it is their shoot, so they can have whatever rules they want. I won't miss the longbow shoot because it is such a great venue and format, so I use a different bow than normal and play by their rules!

IBO has a trad class that allows string walking/crawl, but IBO is nearly dead in Texas.

ASA is not as appealing to most trad folks because they only have one trad class, and last time I shot it, it was a 25yd max where the womens compound class shot the same stake. IMHO, you will never make both of those groups happy if they are both shooting from the same stake, and the ASA is always going to try to please the compounders first, as that is their bread and butter.

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 07-11-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Right on Bisch ! Exactly.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Women compound an trad don't shoot from the same stake in asa

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          Women compound an trad don't shoot from the same stake in asa
          They used to! So, does trad shooters have their own stake now?

EDIT: I just looked it up, and trad does not shoot with the women anymore. We get to shoot with the Elementary School Open Boys!!! That is an improvement. When I shot ASA, all the shots were between 20-25yds on almost every course I shot. As such, it was kind of boring. I hope they mix up the shots a little more these days to make a course more interesting.

Bisch
          Last edited by Bisch; 07-11-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Calling Rick Barbee!

Go get 'em, buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Calling Rick Barbee!

Go get 'em, buddy!
              If they are going to allow compound as barebow in the class, it will wind up being the same huge debacle as it is in other venues who do.
              If that's the case, I'll pass.

If however, it will be stickbows only, then I might have to give it a serious looksee.

I don't mind gap shooting.

I'm kind of an outsider/in a class of my own anyway.
              I shoot using non sighted target shooting methods (several),
              but I do it all with my heavy draw hunting rigs.
              I've never shot any bow other than my go to hunting rig in any competition, and don't plan on changing any time soon.
              You won't/don't find many who reside in that catagory.

Rick

Comment

Bisch, asa is still a lot of 20ish yard shots, and I heard people complain about them being too long...

Rick, I would be willing to bet that compounds will be included in the class. To set up a new class dedicated to equipment that has the least turnout currently seems highly unlikely,but I could be wrong
                Last edited by RJH1; 07-11-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Bisch, asa is still a lot of 20ish yard shots, and I heard people complain about them being too long...
                  I was not complaining at all! I just said it was boring having 30 of the same shots. And yes, there are a lot of guys who shoot trad who nearly never shoot much over 20yds, and as such, a course with all 20 yd shots would seem long to them.

Let's face it, ASA is a compound oriented organization. I don't have anything against that either, as the wheel guys and gals have to have a place to go have fun too. Even though they have a trad class, they are not geared toward the traditional shooter. That's why TBoT thrives the way it does; because it is focused on pleasing the trad shooters! There are way fewer trad shooters than wheel bow shooters out here, so we will never have as good of a turnout (esp at smaller shoots) as the wheel bow shoots do.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Bisch

Comment

Rick, I would be willing to bet that compounds will be included in the class. To set up a new class dedicated to equipment that has the least turnout currently seems highly unlikely,but I could be wrong
                    Oh, I know. Not worried about it.

Like I said, I'm kind of in my own category, and I like it that way. The only competition I have to worry about is myself, and my quarry.

No fuss, no muss.

Rick

Comment

I've never understood having a different bow to compete vs hunt. Unless they are the exact same set up it would work that way for me I guess. Then why have 2?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I've never understood having a different bow to compete vs hunt. Unless they are the exact same set up it would work that way for me I guess. Then why have 2?

Probably like having a race car and a daily driver, while interchangeable, one is better suited to a particular task than the other

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

I understand why some do.

My thing is - competition for me has always been about being a better shot for hunting, so I use the bow I hunt with.

Rick

Comment

Bisch, I didn't think you were complaining, just happened to hear some people

Comment

Saw a little more and it does look to be a non wheelie class after all

Comment

Working...
                              X