No announcement yet.

Making Progress: getting work done in Coleman county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a hot day, but its a nice evening watching 5 doe in the yard.

All my doe are still pregnant from what I can tell, hopefully this heat doesnt bother them too much.

The deer ate 50# of protein out of my new setup in 3 days, so I set up a camera. Looks like a good bunch of regulars.

I am a little concerned because I have only seen 1 buck so far with any age to him.
    Attached Files

Comment

yeah the big ones are still spotty this time of year at my place too, hopefully they will start settling down and patterning....at least thats what i hope they do lol.

Comment

Following. I hunt in Coleman. Love that part of Texas.

Comment

What part?

Comment

South of Coleman down 2131

Comment

Really nice pics Sippy,I've been hunting in the western part of Brown County since the 1967, on the place I grew up on near the Brown and Coleman County line, near Grosvenor . Good luck at keep us up to date.

Comment

good work sippy, i like the upcoming mesquite flat

Comment

Thanks! It will add about 15 more wooded acres to the property once it fills in, with food plots on both sides.

Comment

Our doe out in Sutton County look the same. Noticed the first fawn in a picture this past weekend. You got a good herd of healthy doe for sure.

Comment

Feed, feed, and more feed Matt!

Should be dropping any time now, but I wont get a chance to check until this weekend.

Comment

Looks like your hard work has been rewarded with some healthy looking does... Surely the bucks will be out soon and give you a glimpse at what to expect later on in the year... Good luck and keep up the hard work

Comment

Im trying to give them as much to eat as they want. 5 corn feeders and 3 protein feeders on 250 acres all getting hit hard. Ill also plant 12 acres this fall.

I think it is best that i sell off a few doe hunts this year. I want to keep young doe numbers relatively high, but when I have 15 doe at the feeder at one time its in my best interest to kill off a few.

Headed to Gorman Milling to pick up more corn and 17% Red Chain now, busy work weekend to come!

Comment

sounds like a plan buddy, keep it up. does are definately something i need to get in check as well, still wading through all the talk about which does to shoot, young ones or mature ones. but thats a discussion for another thread i suppose...lol.

Comment

Did they take to the protein right away Sippy or did it take them a while?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                                Did they take to the protein right away Sippy or did it take them a while?
                                They were being fed before I got the place, but were used to Sportsman's Plus. When I switched to Red Chain it took them a few weeks to get back on it regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X