Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can a package go from GA to TX, via HI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the great mysteries of life is how the USPS works. I send a MO to someone and he mails a package to me the same day. The package arrives in two days and the MO takes a week ??? WTH ?

Comment

I've been waiting on a bow since January 4th. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it wasn't. Tracking info shows it left Maine on the 4th and went to New Jersey. Left New Jersey on the 7th headed for my house (of course I know it has to go through the hub in H-town before going to my house). Tracking has said the exact same thing since leaving New Jersey though.

Called to talk to Customer Service this morning to see if they could give me a reason as to why it has taken this long to update the status. All the guy told me was what I could already see on the tracking page of their website.

Like most Govt. Agencies, USPS is pretty much incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I've drove that route from San Antonio to Georgia once
        How was Hawaii on the way?

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago with an iPhone...

Shipped to me, expected date of .....

Arrived in Dallas, in transit to Waco (I was living in Teague)

Arrived Waco, in transit to California

Stayed in transit to California for a week.

Contacted USPS and Apple... Come to find out, someone on the USPS line knew it was an iPhone and "showed" it shipped to California and kept the phone. They shipped me another one via UPS and it was there in 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
            A USPS person told me not to trust those online trackers. A lot of times their computer system updates the package status where it "thinks" it is...but there's no scan along the way to give a real update and in many cases the computer is just plain wrong. I've had packages take some pretty wonky routes according to their system.
            It was supposed to be here yesterday. It didn't arrive today either. Now they don't know where it's at. Just that it's "In transit - Delayed". Glad I didn't need this scope. It's just an upgrade for one I'm already using!
            All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              How was Hawaii on the way?
              Same as my scope's trip - Scenic Route via USPS Airline.
              All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
                I've been waiting on a bow since January 4th. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it wasn't. Tracking info shows it left Maine on the 4th and went to New Jersey. Left New Jersey on the 7th headed for my house (of course I know it has to go through the hub in H-town before going to my house). Tracking has said the exact same thing since leaving New Jersey though.

Called to talk to Customer Service this morning to see if they could give me a reason as to why it has taken this long to update the status. All the guy told me was what I could already see on the tracking page of their website.

Like most Govt. Agencies, USPS is pretty much incompetent.
                Man! A bow! You have it worse than I do. I hate shipping bows. Hope it shows up perfectly safe. What kind of bow?
                All the best,
                Glenn

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I have a McMillan 4" picatinny rail section for my stock that was sent on the 3rd from Phoenix, AZ and as of the 6th it's still in transit to destination. No entry's on USPS tracking number since the 6th. I filed a missing mail item claim today so we will see.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                    Man! A bow! You have it worse than I do. I hate shipping bows. Hope it shows up perfectly safe. What kind of bow?
                    All the best,
                    Glenn
                    It is a Mission Charge X-Bow. (had to buy an x-bow due to upcoming rotator cuff surgery) The place I bought it from is in Maine. (cheapest prices on ALL archery equipment just about is in the Northeast) Figured the weather might have held it up. Plus I talked to my local post office and they told me that being it was a large package it was shipped by truck and not plane. She said to give it 7 business days to show up. So I at least feel somewhat less worried after talking to them. Have no clue why the 800 # I called didn't explain it to me.

Comment

It finally showed up, a few days late, beat up. I guess "Fragile" stamped all over it didn't mean anything to the USPS, because it was mashed up a bit. Not 100% sure, but it appears the box may have been opened and resealed.

The scope was in there, but it wasn't inside the scope box it was packed in, and the packing material was a single piece of USPS paper, wadded up. The scope box was in there though. The scope just wasn't in it.

There was a heavy duty rubber band around the outside of the package. I've never seen that before.

Anyway... the scope seems unaffected. Just installed it on my .30 Herrett a few minutes ago and everything seems fine. No scratches, dents or dings. Since it's a Burris, I'm not worried about internal damage. They are pretty tough to begin with, and even if something is messed up, Burris has good customer service and a lifetime warranty.

All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

It can happen no matter who you use. At work we once used UPS to send a printer from Richardson to Pittsburg, TX. We got a call from Canadian Customs saying we did not have the proper paperwork to get the package into the US........

-john

Comment

UPS does some strange things. I had an overnight delivery that was supposed to go to MD Anderson last week. It went from El Paso back to the UPS Hub in Louisville, KY and then back to Houston. These things sometimes happen..

Comment

Working...
                          X