Quarantine Grammar Lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Sadly, there are members of our TBH community who have been AFFECTED...not effected ...by this economic calamity.

I thought it would be helpful in their job interviews if they presented themselves as having at least an elementary grasp of the basic tenets of grammar. Hopefully, this little lesson, if applied correctly, rather than ridiculed , might, just might, reflect favorably on the job candidate...enough to move him/her above the next candidate that does not think it is important to speak or write correctly.

Important reminder: For those of you who want to demonstrate their sincere appreciation for my attitude of caring about them so they can present themselves in a positive, edumacated manner, I tend to lean towards the finer grades of adult beverages. :
    You know what they say about free advice: it’s worth what you paid for it.

Comment

Once I seen a see saw!��

Comment

You distill your own?
        well...…..sorta------

Comment

Don't humor him Uncle Sag!

Comment

You should right a book on grammer and sale it on here in the classified's.

Comment

Pretty cool about the Super Bowl. Was it your first one?

Comment

I have been working from home for 3 weeks and figured others might be bored, wanting to use their free time to improve themselves, so...I just thought I would offer to improve their chances of a good interview, if needed. It's just part of my DNA to lift up my fellow brethren and improve theirselfs .
                Randy, Randy, Randy. You've ruined this thread by misspelling "theyselfs."

Comment

Can you go outside and SAW some wood? Not sure what tenths that is.

Comment

But we don’t speak English, we speak Texan. Dang college boys think they’s sooo smart.

Comment

I've never seen the likes of some of ya'll around here. Wait.... is that wrong or right?????
                      It sound right when I say it in east Texan in my head.

Comment

Since many of us are self quarantined with the Stay at Home Order, it is an opportune time to review the lessons we learned (or not ) in 4th grade :

The Proper Use of See, Saw, and Seen

Present Tense: see --
                        (the action is happening NOW in the present)

Past Tense: saw -- (the action is over)
                        Everyday I see my neighbor, and everyday he sees me. “I see something lying on the road up ahead.”
                        Yesterday I saw my neighbor mowing his lawn. Last year, I saw the Super Bowl in person.

Past Participle: seen --
                        (used with have, has, is, was, will be, had been, etc.)
                        In the past, I have seen two rainbows in the sky at once.
                        Before we had seen ten minutes of the movie, the projector broke.
                        In this film, Tom Hanks is seen as a mad scientist who invents a formula for invisibility
                        Never ever say or write “I seen.”
                        Say, “I HAVE seen” or “I HAD seen.”

Remember: The word seen must never follow directly after the words I, he, she, we, they, Bob, Mary (any person’s name).
                        Love it!

Comment

I seen your address some were around here.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                            Once I seen a see saw!��

That's what I thought! I thought I seen you sea a see-saw. That Burpadale feller don'ts knows what's he's talk-n abouts.

Comment

By the way. What is Quarantine Grammar? Shouldn't the title be a grammar lesson while under quarantine?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                By the way. What is Quarantine Grammar? Shouldn't the title be a grammar lesson while under quarantine?

Technically you’re correct. I believe Quarantine Grammar is a modern version of Ebonics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X