Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at a three shot trad group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt at a three shot trad group...

Well guys and gals, I am coming to join you.... Been wanting to shoot trad for a while and finally purchased a bow from a TBH brother a few months back... I had attempted a few shots but never tried to shoot a group. Just trying to get started had been very intimidating and arrows seemed to be flying everywhere accept where I was hoping they would go...

Fast forward to today: saw a thread speaking of an instructional YouTube video " The Push". After watching the video, I tried a few shots that got me on target. Here is a pic of the results from a 15 yd 3 shot group... I am very excited to say the least but know it's going to be a lot of hard work to get to were I will be comfortable hunting... Let the fun began.

Not sure why the pic is upside down and I was aiming for the middle of the circle but I am ecstatic that I basically duplicated three shots that hit in the same area...
    Attached Files

The hook is set . . .

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant your bow a little bit more. Great group. Welcome to the Fun side

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great group!! Stick with it, it takes a ton of practice but the first time you watch those feather disappear through an animal you'll understand why trad hunters love it so much.

Comment

Watch out - you are flirting with getting hooked on this stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
            That's a great group!! Stick with it, it takes a ton of practice but the first time you watch those feather disappear through an animal you'll understand why trad hunters love it so much.
            Maybe but I love it when it happens with training wheels too!

Comment

Thanks fellas! At this time I am just trying to develop decent and consistent form. Building up the strength to hold the bow at anchor is challenging and I will need to improve on that.

I wanted to end the practice seccion on a good note so I put the bow away after the group. I plan to just keep shooting without too much emphasis on arrow impact but really try to remain consistant and hope to keep groups close. Any and all advice is highly appreciated.

Comment

That's a good move. It helps me feel more confident starting the next days shoot.

Comment

When I shoot a good group I have fun. I make the mistake of going too far and get tired. Nice shooting, sir!

Comment

That is a great group Pedernal!! I grew up in Del Rio and visit quite regularly with family. We will have to get together and do a little arrow flinging next time I am down. I believe its Amistad archery still has a monthly shoot, may have to get together at one of them. Before long you will not even want to shoot anything else. Keep up the good work.

Comment

That's a great group, and now you're hooked.

Comment

Good group sir. Pigthumper is right on point. Sometimes when you are really shooting well, you want to keep it up and push too long. Don't push it, get tired, and start reinforcing bad habits. I shoot pretty much every day. If I get out and shoot a great group right off the bat, I generally stop and put my gear up. Try to end your session on a positive note like that grouping in your photo.

Comment

Awesome group! Happy hunting!

Comment

Looks like a dang good group

Comment

Oh yeah!!! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X