Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burris Oracle Bow Sight...anyone else get theirs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burris Oracle Bow Sight...anyone else get theirs?

Back at the NRA Dallas show, Burris was showing off their new Oracle bow sight. I looked it over and ordered it even though they were several weeks out for final production and sending to customers. This is a range finder bow sight capable of ranging to pretty far out and storing two different arrow specs so you can have your arrows programmed.

Well, the sight arrived last week while I was gone setting up new blinds and feeders at one of our places. I can't wait to try this thing on my Mathews. I am used to using a single pin sight. This sight has lots going on in regards to electronics, but should be a game changer once I get used to it. The Oracle has a built in range finder and will auto calculate for you. After setting it up, you put your 20yd pin on the target and it will give you the range along with another dot showing the correctly calculated aiming point. This eliminates using range finders and if the animal moves, you can touch the button again while in full draw and get the new aiming point.

I am comfortable shooting 60-75 yards with my current set up, so if this does the same and eliminates me using range finders, I am sold.

I will post back up once I get over to CCR for them to set it up and get me some range time.

my range finder just died. Was looking into this sight to replace the one I have and not have to buy a rangefinder. how are you liking the sight?
    Last edited by finfeather98; 07-16-2018, 06:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Are these type sights legal in CO? I know I could goodle, but I'm lazy

Comment

Look forward to updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Are these type sights legal in CO? I know I could goodle, but I'm lazy
          I would put my hard earned money on "NO". You can't even have a pin light on your site in CO.

Comment

It is cool. $799 retail for a sight. Shazam!

Comment

Got the sight installed and have used it a couple of times. There is a learning curve (I am not the sharpest tool in the shed), but I can see how I will enjoy this more than my single pin Trophy Ridge sight. The range finder works quickly and the “aim” dot moves according to the animal moving.

More to come as I shoot it more and use it to its potential.

Comment

TR has a sight like this with RF and its 350 ish if I recall .. No lighted pin but nothing says you cannot use a RF we all use RF in CO . Why would it matter if its hand held or mounted . Guys have RF bino as well .

Comment

These legal in Texas?

Comment

Working...
                  X