No announcement yet.

Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the darker one, the one on the left in the pic above. I didn't rotate them while cooking.

Comment

I use your rub listed here, along with grub rub and salt lick rub on my pork shoulders. I also mix your rub with apple juice, and inject the shoulders with it. I smoke them on my BGE with hickory and apple chips, over mesquite lump coals until they reach about 170. Then I place in a foil pan with apple juice and water, then cover with foil and put in the oven until they reach 190-200. Then I wrap them in a towel and place in the cooler for 1-2 hours. Talk about great pulled pork sandwiches. Thanks for the recipe. Next will be briskest.

Comment

Cooked 4 racks of ribs and a trimmed brisket point and they turned out great! The brisket was a last second decision, it was 4 lbs. and it cooked on a rack over a tray of
        apple juice for 4 hours, I let it rest and it was tender with a nice smoke ring.

Comment

What temp and how long to finish in the oven? Why not just leave it in the out for that extra 2 hours or so? And I guess you are leaving a probe in the meat while you cook to take accurate internal temp readings without opening the pit and oven all the time?

Comment

That pit looks awesome! definitely going to try this rub

Comment

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Comment

Great thread

X2

Comment

Having trouble finding the ground savory - any ideas?

And on the thyme, calls for dried, is that the little flakes or something? All I can find is the ground powder stuff. And does it matter, maybe the ground stuff will be too strong?

Comment

I'm aways looking for a good rub. Nice smoker. I'm about to start on my second smoker build, I like the layout of yours.

Comment

I've used this rub for a few years now. You won't be disappointed. It's that good.

Comment

Will have to try this, thanks.

Comment

I always use this rub and it is awsome. I will be going live with a brisket, bones and sausage tonight after softball practice.

Comment

Glad i saw this, thanks

Comment

I tried this rub yesterday for the first time. It turned out fantastic and everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Ok, I'm giving this a try with a few minor modifications. I'm using a 5 lb corned beef brisket. I couldn't find the Savory and I only used 1 tbsp of kosher salt (because corned beef is pretty salty already).

I rubbed the brisket last night and put it in the fridge. It went on the smoker about 45 mins ago. We'll see how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
                                X