No announcement yet.

Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok had a cook off Thursday and Friday used this rub on ten briskets and it turned out awesome. The food served at our booth didn't last long. And out of the 30 teams we placed 3rd for brisket. The only thing I did different was add a little more light brown sugar and some cayenne pepper. Thanks for rub recipe it was excellent

Comment

Thank you George, first brisket I ever smoked and my whole family loved it! I am sure the next will be better but this one was great.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364692315.744327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24186384Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364692327.644521.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24186385Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364692340.319066.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24186386

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post

Hope this pic comes out. Here is my baby.
        Awesome

Comment

Enjoyed this thread more than most. Thanks all :-)

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

bringing it to the top...have looked at this thread numerous time and cook numerous briskets a year...jumping in with both feet and im gonna follow this recipe to a T due to the raves about how good it is, got everything except savory..no where to be found. wife is coming from Conroe and will stop at trader joes...she said they have everything...im even a fat up guy on brisket but doing this your way. looking forward to trying something new,,home made mashed potatoes, home made potatoe salad, beans, corn on the cob etc. will also have ribs and chicken. Honoring memorial day with a veteran cant think of a better weekend .

Comment

im even breaking out the wifes measuring spoons because I usually eyeball it with my old faithful (obviously not precise rub)

Comment

I smoked mine using this recipe yesterday...had to finishing it in the oven due to the floods yesterday evening:/. 8 hours smoke and then 3 more in the oven to get it to 190 internal temp. Rested 1/2 hr in ice chest...AWESOME!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

I used the rub recipe but stuck to my usual technique and it was outstanding. I will give it a try on ribs the next time I fire up the pit. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Up for Independence Day

Comment

Just put mine on! This is the best topic ever!

Comment

I tried this today on some pork spare ribs. First time I've ever done ribs. I'll post a pic in a second. I used the 3-2-1 method. I basted with apple juice at 1.5 hours, then used apple juice in the foil for the middle 2 hours. During the last hour I opened the foil, basting every 15 mins during the last hour with BBQ sauce. Pulled them off right at 6 hours total cook time.

The flavor was outstanding, but the rack we ate was a little tough. I tried the other rack and it was much more tender. They were right next to each other on the smoker, any idea why one would be so much more tender than the other? Just luck of the draw? Was it the spare ribs? I would have liked to do baby backs but the spare ribs was all my in-laws had on hand. Should I baste more, or more often?

Comment

[ATTACH]513920[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]513921[/ATTACH]

Comment

Was the tender one the one closest to the fire box? It would have gotten higher heat unless you rotated them while cooking.

Comment

Working...
                                X