No announcement yet.

Beware of Harvey refugee posers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just get 15 or so gift cards that have no money on them, and I give them one. Would love to see the look on their face when they find out that they tried to scam me but I really scammed them LOL
    I have more than a few in my truck that people have left on gas and diesel pumps at stations.

You just gave me something fun to do thank ya!

Comment

I live just east of Baytown along the Trinity Bay and luckily I didn't get any water, but it did come up fast and people had to leave in a hurry. I'm not saying there are not scam artist out there just make sure that's what they are before turning them away. We got 61" of rain in my area in 4 days and I think 26 of it was Saturday night.

Comment

Hot?

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          I just get 15 or so gift cards that have no money on them, and I give them one. Would love to see the look on their face when they find out that they tried to scam me but I really scammed them LOL
          Too funny.

"Whatcha you mean that nice man scammed us"

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
            Too funny.

"Whatcha you mean that nice man scammed us"
            Yeah, and THEY are like " there are some sorry people in this world!"

Comment

low life opportunists

Comment

Haha that gift card trick is golden!

Comment

Happens a bunch. Had a lady approach me at a CVS.....this was months ago. She fed me her line of bull......wanting me to send money by moneygram or something. I politely told her I could not help out. A month later she approaches me at the Valero. I just looked at her and told her she had already tried that on me before. She walked away. By the way, she was standing next to her nice Tahoe at the gas pump. She has been reported to the local police. I have not seen her in two months. This one was running a scam.

Comment

We have been getting calls at the fire department saying they are the Cajun navy wanting to know where the worst flooding is. When we tell them to come to the station to be dispatched they hang up on us.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                      Haha! That's brilliant.

Comment

I had an older woman come up to me in a Walmart parking lot. She said she was flooded out and needed some money for gas to get to a shelter. I had several full 5 gal jugs of gas in the back of my truck. When I said I would just pour one of the cans of gas in her tank, she seemed a little dissapointed but led me to her car. I poured the gas in her tank and then went into Walmart. (I have a camper shell so the cans were locked up.)
                        I came back out and she was still there giving the same story to another woman there. I walked over and told the other woman that I just gave her 5 gallons and the shelter was just a few minutes away. The old woman scatted out of there quick.

Comment

Scum!

Comment

What a POS! Good alert for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X