Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
    How long are you loading those rounds? Mag length or out to the lands? I'm measuring a pretty good amount over mag length to get my 140 ELDM to get to the lands on my rifle.
    I get better accuracy loading 1/2 a thousandth off the lands but since these rifles are so difficult to load one bullet at a time I started loading just shy of max magazine length. I can check tonight but you can measure your magazine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks cerralvo. I'm using the same measurement setup with the Hornady gauge and comparators to measure to the ogive in relation to the lands. I loaded mine .030 off the lands for my ocw test. I mocked up a few dummy rounds and that length seemed to feed without issue from the magazine. Are you guys running them through the mag or just going single shot for now? I'll have to look at the exact measurements when I get home, but I wasn't able to get COAL in the 2.8s to feed from the magazine.

Comment

Correct,
        Is is hard for me to single load them into the chamber from the mag(no problem with my R.E.M. 700) but at this stage of my load development, I'm putting them by hand in the chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
          Thanks cerralvo. I'm using the same measurement setup with the Hornady gauge and comparators to measure to the ogive in relation to the lands. I loaded mine .030 off the lands for my ocw test. I mocked up a few dummy rounds and that length seemed to feed without issue from the magazine. Are you guys running them through the mag or just going single shot for now? I'll have to look at the exact measurements when I get home, but I wasn't able to get COAL in the 2.8s to feed from the magazine.
          Thanks
          I'm loading them by hand for now
          Texas punisher has an aftermarket stock that allows him to load them long from the magazine

I have the original stock....however...I can put one long round in the magazine and load it from the Mag

Comment

I'm single loading for now but have checked my ai style mag and should be able to load to 2.9" or 2.915". I'm running the LMT chassis.

Comment

Add me to the list of 6.5 Creedmore Ruger Predator owners, found mine at Bud's Gunshop at a decent price, can't wait to get my hands on it !!!

Comment

Cabelas League City has another one in stock. I put my hands on it today. They are running a sale on ruger predators for 399.99 normally 449.99. Do I get another finders fee? LOL

Comment

Finally got mine setup and ready to shoot. Went with a vortex viper hs 4-16x44.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just finished mine this past weekend as well.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have a chance to shoot this ammo yet? This is cheaper than any other ammo from Hornaday.

Comment

Daniel044 what sling is that

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
                          Daniel044 what sling is that
                          Its the Hogue Grips in OD Green.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Little better quality picture hopefully

Comment

Couple two shot groups as I ran out of bullets. Left group was first and then adjusted right.

Not bad for the first time with the rifle. Brought it home and cleaned the barrel. Hoping next time I can concentrate on getting some 3-5 shot groups that touch like these.

Comment

Working...
                                X