No announcement yet.

1981 chevy project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how seeing things takes you back in time. That skinny steering wheel is the same one I clinched onto when Dad finally allowed me to drive down dirt roads in the drivers seat without sittin on his lap. I can hear that funky blinker noise too! Great truck man. Congrats and good luck on the build.

Comment

Well I finally finished up the brake system and front hubs. Was going to do disk on the rear but gong to run the drums for now maybe here in the future. Everything in the brake system got replaced or rebuilt except for rear drums and brake lines. Front hubs got all new bearings and seals. Transmission and transfer case come out this week so I can drop a new clutch in it.

Comment

Well today I was able to pull the drive shafts then transfer case, transmission, and clutch. As you can see the previous owner got the clutch just a little hot. Going to clean everything up paint it replace the fluids, new clutch, and get the fly wheel re surfaced.

Comment

Nice old truck... Congrats on the find .

Comment

always wanted a truck like that

Comment

Well I got the tranny put back in it and everything set back up. I am going to take it this week to get inspected cross my fingers it will pass and I can drive it part time until I save money for a motor to swap in it.

Comment

Originally posted by KHoes203 View Post
                Well today I was able to pull the drive shafts then transfer case, transmission, and clutch. As you can see the previous owner got the clutch just a little hot. Going to clean everything up paint it replace the fluids, new clutch, and get the fly wheel re surfaced.

Ain't nothin finer, than an ice cold shiner.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Well after going away from here a little while because of life I have since done a little bit of work to her.
                    Started on the body work then after much debate i decided to stop everything and get the ls going. Found a 6.0 forsale with everything so I went with it. Here is the current status of it I cant wait to finish it, but a long ways to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

nice

Comment

Well after many hours I only have a few small touch ups then off to the exhaust shop and its final dyno tune.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

hi-tech for 81

Comment

First time getting it washed up after getting it back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X