Clear All

Seen 1 small spike. Two hogs.

Comment

Nada for me

Comment

Seen 1, but just the tail. I'm staying till dark

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a little buck come in behind me this AM. Got to 15 yards, mulled around for a few minutes and then went back from where he came. Pretty cool though. I hunted until noon and then scouted for about an hour. Checked a camera had a shooter come through at 11:15 am yesterday and some smaller bucks around 10:30 am. I'll be back out tomorrow AM.

Comment

Crap! That's all I saw was a bunch of scat. This weather is not helping. I've never wanted it to be cold so bad.

Comment

Had 2 doe come in this AM to about 25 yards. Pretty morning. I'll be back next weekend. #weekendwarrior

Comment

Do y'all think we are in the late rut or the post-rut?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
                  Do y'all think we are in the late rut or the post-rut?

×2 been wondering the same

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

they were going crazy on the week of Nov 14 15 16 17 18 19 th so id say post.

Comment

Afternoon hunt, Thursday high of 44 and dropping with mostly cloudy skies or Friday high of 55 after morning low of 25 with clear skies?
                      I'm thinking Friday afternoon

Comment

I'm of the opinion that the rut extends into Dec but the chasing/activity is less frequent. The bucks will be searching for late estrus does and can still be seen during daylight. I know of 2 big bucks killed at the Vine in December, so my hopes are still high to tag one.
                        Last edited by troy_w_7; 12-06-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

the peak of the rut is over, in my experience, but will have some still looking. They were back in bachelor groups at the end of Dec the last two years I hunted there. Food source, food source, food source... Good luck. Hope someone gets a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                            they were going crazy on the week of Nov 14 15 16 17 18 19 th so id say post.
                            key days for the vine rutt from my past experiences! You nailed it

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                              the peak of the rut is over, in my experience, but will have some still looking. They were back in bachelor groups at the end of Dec the last two years I hunted there. Food source, food source, food source... Good luck. Hope someone gets a good one.

What do you think there main food is ? Ever where I look at out the acorns an pecans are cleaned up by the hogs ?

Comment

late season is all scrub vegetation, as far as I am aware of and wasn't able to isolate any preferred food source. Pecans are rotten or gone and acorns as well. If you could find any Burr oak acorns around , I would hunt the crap out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X