2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    It honestly wouldnt hurt my feelings if none of the Astros were voted onto the AllStar team. It will put a huge chip on their shoulder the rest of the way and they will get several days of rest before beginning the second half of the season. I know several players will end up on the team as manager picks if nothing else.
    Yup.. i voted all Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
      Agreed.
      I also hope Hinch manages the rotation so that both Keuchel and McCullers both pitch right before the all star game. That way if they are selected they can have the honors they earned but not pitch in the game. Given the arm problems they both had last year, neither needs to throw any unnecessary innings, especially those that dont directly benefit the Astros.

Comment

I also hope Hinch manages the rotation so that both Keuchel and McCullers both pitch right before the all star game. That way if they are selected they can have the honors they earned but not pitch in the game. Given the arm problems they both had last year, neither needs to throw any unnecessary innings, especially those that dont directly benefit the Astros.
        Do they still have that dumb rule that All Star game winning league has home field in the WS?

Comment

It honestly wouldnt hurt my feelings if none of the Astros were voted onto the AllStar team. It will put a huge chip on their shoulder the rest of the way and they will get several days of rest before beginning the second half of the season. I know several players will end up on the team as manager picks if nothing else.
          Nothing like having a huge chip on your shoulder knowing your fan base doesn't support you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Nothing like having a huge chip on your shoulder knowing your fan base doesn't support you.
            True, but I think it takes a lot more than the locals to get you voted onto the team. Houston baseball fans can vote all they want but there needs to be a lot of votes for other cities. Trout, Cabrera, etc arent getting all of their votes from their homies. That is where I think the chip comes in......not being given the respect they deserve from others across the nation. Maybe some Tech Guru in Houston can rig the voting process like what happened in KC a few years ago. Then the entire team can be voted in, lol.

Comment

The Bluejays have an entire nation voting them in....

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                Not how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                  At is point there are no Astro starters. Unbelievable.

Springer better not get left out this year!

Comment

Beltran..... as outfielder... really.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Some dude with zero baseball IQ was talking about sending him down to the minors. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        And with more votes than George. It shows you how bad the fan voting can be.
                        Last edited by rtp; 06-01-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

And with more votes that George. It shows you how bad the fan voting can be.
                          Yep! Popularity contest.

Comment

Looking at the updated list again, ranger fan must be in disbelief that none of their players are even in the running.

Comment

Looking at the updated list again, ranger fan must be in disbelief that none of their players are even in the running.
                              I saw Gomez on the list and let out a good laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Some dude with zero baseball IQ was talking about sending him down to the minors. LOL
                                Haha. Oh wait, we're both ignored so he won't see it. Hey we can say what we really think about him and he'll never know

Comment

Working...
                                X