No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am.out right now. I was on to.a group of probably 20. Had a great shot opp but my sleeve popped my string and ended up shooting low. Dang it!

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Anyone heading out today?? Should be a good day with it overcast and breezy
      I may head out there in an hour or so. You going?

Comment

Carnage is hot two hogs in less than two weeks awesome, not to mention between Crod 888 and Carnage that is **** near 500 lbs of pork WOW

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
          I may head out there in an hour or so. You going?
          PM sent

Comment

There are two helicopters flying all over this place right now. One looks like an Ultra Light or something. Seemed to be flying a little low, but maybe it was just me.

Comment

There are two helicopters flying all over this place right now. One looks like an Ultra Light or something. Seemed to be flying a little low, but maybe it was just me.
              Any gun shots?

Comment

If it's the helo hunt they typical have closed signs posted at each parking Area

Comment

Im down to go

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    Any gun shots?
                    No gun shots. Don't think it was the helo hunt. Maybe just a survey ? Or maybe just joyriding around. I've haven't seen anything yet, but ran into two seperate hunters who have so far this morning.

Comment

No gun shots. Don't think it was the helo hunt. Maybe just a survey ? Or maybe just joyriding around. I've haven't seen anything yet, but ran into two seperate hunters who have so far this morning.
                      PM sent

Comment

Just got home. Parked at 6 and walked to 7 and back. Saw hogs but no shots, was fun though. Plan on going out Sunday morning. Should be my son and i and another buddy at least in the group. Will try to be at 6 by 0700. Come join the fun.

Comment

when the helo hunt is being conducted it is always on a weekday, less hunters, less safety issues for them...has always been like that, i am assuming the helo hunt is prob going to go down next week and they just conducting a survey to see how the area looks this year and how much ammo to bring, i may go post up and get some free pork, just have to be in the vicinity of where there shooting, 3 years ago my friend was at taylor park boat ramp when the helo flew over them and started blasting behind that bathroom by the boat ramp, they picked up 6 hogs of which 3 were still alive so had to knife them, 150 yard drag to the road and in the truck, free bbq.

Comment

survey being conducted for next week, this is how it starts, i guarantee there going to be flying and killing next week, whichever day isn't the windiest, they usually fly 2 days and kill 3 hundred or so then they x2 the final tally to make themselves look better....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              survey being conducted for next week, this is how it starts, i guarantee there going to be flying and killing next week, whichever day isn't the windiest, they usually fly 2 days and kill 3 hundred or so then they x2 the final tally to make themselves look better....
                              I imagine in puts a scare in the remaining hogs for a few weeks and then goes back to normal, right?

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                                I imagine in puts a scare in the remaining hogs for a few weeks and then goes back to normal, right?
                                people were still killing them after the helo hunt last year, i just hate seeing them floating in the river, good for catfish....and the buzzards....i am estimating that there are over 2,000 feral hogs on granger and surrounding properties, maybe more, and the helo every year kills around 10 or 15% of them, just my estimation...

Comment

Working...
                                X