AZ Coues Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
    Also, sense I bought my license in September I can hunt the August season without purchasing a new license, not exactly sure if I would have to purchase the August tag.
    I’ll take plenty of pic’s and if there’s a enough good video I’ll link it too.
    If I don’t kill this hunt I might try the August season and if anyone wants to go let me know.
    I'm pretty sure it's one deer per calendar year. If you kill in Jan, you have to wait until the following Jan to get another tag. If you go for the December hunt and kill, you can wait until Jan 1 and buy another tag and keep hunting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, sense I bought my license in September I can hunt the August season without purchasing a new license, not exactly sure if I would have to purchase the August tag.
      I’ll take plenty of pic’s and if there’s a enough good video I’ll link it too.
      If I don’t kill this hunt I might try the August season and if anyone wants to go let me know.
      You will have to buy a new tag for the 2018 season. One deer per calender year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
        I'm pretty sure it's one deer per calendar year. If you kill in Jan, you have to wait until the following Jan to get another tag. If you go for the December hunt and kill, you can wait until Jan 1 and buy another tag and keep hunting.

You’re correct, I’m here for the January archery hunt and I’ll need to purchase a new license if I still have a deer tag in December. Maybe that’s a better way of saying it?

Comment

Maybe, but I was under the assumption that licenses were the same as tags? So I thought that in your shoes that you would be fine for the Aug/Sept and Dec hunt if you don't kill in Jan. But I might be wrong.

Comment

You’re correct, I’m here for the January archery hunt and I’ll need to purchase a new license if I still have a deer tag in December. Maybe that’s a better way of saying it?
            Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
            Maybe, but I was under the assumption that licenses were the same as tags? So I thought that in your shoes that you would be fine for the Aug/Sept and Dec hunt if you don't kill in Jan. But I might be wrong.

Yes you will need a new hunting license but not tag (if you purchased a tag in Jan), tag is good for one year from date of purchase, same with license. If i'm not mistaken, you purchased your license in September, so you are good for the August hunt (which I don't recommend).

Quack, in AZ license and tags are two separate things, many guys carry multiple tags. You can get elk, deer (archery only), and bear all over the county and will have 3 separate sheets of paper about 3" by 8". And if you get any of them wet, then you will have to buy a new one for an additional 10 dollars. AZ is way behind when it comes to tags and licensing. They are mainly still hand written and use carbon copies unless you buy online.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
              Yes you will need a new hunting license but not tag (if you purchased a tag in Jan), tag is good for one year from date of purchase, same with license. If i'm not mistaken, you purchased your license in September, so you are good for the August hunt (which I don't recommend).

Quack, in AZ license and tags are two separate things, many guys carry multiple tags. You can get elk, deer (archery only), and bear all over the county and will have 3 separate sheets of paper about 3" by 8". And if you get any of them wet, then you will have to buy a new one for an additional 10 dollars. AZ is way behind when it comes to tags and licensing. They are mainly still hand written and use carbon copies unless you buy online.
              Guess I could have written that better. I thought that a license was calendar year just the same as the OTC archery deer tags.

Comment

License is good for 365 days, deer tag is good for calendar year. Buy Jan 1, 2018 good till Dec. 31 2018. If you buy one Sept. 2018 it is good till Dec. 31, 2018. Tags have calendar year they are good for on them..

Comment

Sounds like a good hunt! Keep us posted and best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X