AZ Coues Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZ Coues Hunt

In January, I’m heading to Arizona for a coues hunt and wanted to see if anyone knew anything about units 21 & 22? Looking for overall quality and if there were better units in that part of AZ.

Don't know anything about it but keep telling myself I'm going to do it.

Comment

Is this a DIY hunt or are you using an outfitter? Coues deer is on my bucket list. How much was the tag and license?

BTW, GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        Is this a DIY hunt or are you using an outfitter? Coues deer is on my bucket list. How much was the tag and license?

BTW, GOOD LUCK!
        As a NR you’re forced to buy a hunt/fish license and I put in for a javelina tag also. The archery deer tag is OTC so, all in it’s costing me $575.
        Yes, it’s a DIY Hunt. A buddy and I are backpacking the country and will camp as needed out there for a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
          As a NR you’re forced to buy a hunt/fish license and I put in for a javelina tag also. The archery deer tag is OTC so, all in it’s costing me $575.
          Yes, it’s a DIY Hunt. A buddy and I are backpacking the country and will camp as needed out there for a week or so.
          Wow, that sounds like a fund hunt.

Comment

That's the kinda hunt I'm looking for. Probably would do a rifle hunt the first time though. Is it an archery only area or just late season archery?

Comment

Yea, it’s a late season archery season, I didn’t want to wait for a draw. I’ve always wanted to to hunt coues deer and I’m working on the whitetail slam.

Comment

In January, I’m heading to Arizona for a coues hunt and wanted to see if anyone knew anything about units 21 & 22? Looking for overall quality and if there were better units in that part of AZ.

Homer
                I have a text sent to my buddy who guides out there in Az so as soon as I here back from him I will send you a PM ok?
                Good luck y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you archery hunting? I have hunted both units

Comment

Also, what type of vehicle are you taking? what kind of ground clearance?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

PM coming homer

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          Also, what type of vehicle are you taking? what kind of ground clearance?
                          We’ll be in my buddies Z71 so I’m not to worried about clearance as much as what type of tire he’s running. I’ve had issues in the past with thin side walls and punching a hole in the tires while in rocky terrain.

Comment

We’ll be in my buddies Z71 so I’m not to worried about clearance as much as what type of tire he’s running. I’ve had issues in the past with thin side walls and punching a hole in the tires while in rocky terrain.
                            I was running pathfinders on mine, as long as you are driving cautiously yall should be ok. The area I sent you has roads that you can do 50 down, and some you can only do 10 down.

Comment

Headed over there for the same hunt in January. Can't beat the tag prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X