Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Cutco Knives really worth the price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one for a present back in 1968. I have never had to send it in to be sharpened(they will do it for free) and it has cleaned hundreds of deer and pigs. I probably will send it in after a few more. Not sure of the quality now but that old knife has been a great one.

Comment

Nothing about the knife demands a high price. Cheap steel that they use on every knife at Walmart.

People may very well like them, but you could spend way less to get the same thing, or spend the same amount of money and get a good set.

Comment

The kitchen ones are for sure.

Comment

As someone who has used a knife or knives, for almost 35 years, on a daily basis, ABSOLUTLEY not... No way in hail.. They are a good average blade with a cheap, rubber handle that is very inexpensive to produce..

They have become a FAD. It will fade and something else will take there place.

Comment

Anything that comes with a "free" sales pitch is not a great deal... or it wouldn't need the pitch, which you are paying for.
            They're good knives, but there are PLENTY of really good knives nowadays that can be had for a fraction of that cost.
            If you're a utilitarian type consider Victorinox.

Comment

They absolutely are worth the money. No other kitchen knives come close.

Can you make do with a department store brand? Sure. But if you want the best and can afford it they are peerless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm neither a butcher, nor a meat cutter. My go to knife for cutting meat has become the Victoronix Fibrox boning knife:

Between the Victoronix, a Havalon, and a Rapala filet knife I can clean and process fish, birds, deer and hogs. The Victoronix is easy to sharpen, holds an edge well, and is easy to clean. I need to have someone make a sheath for it, as well as for my Rapala filet knife.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

My ol man has a cutco from the 60's he skins/processes with and its pretty legit, but i bet the steel is better than new stuff, just a guess

Comment

The thing about Cutco is that once you buy them your done buying knives for a very very long time. If they get dull or break send them back and they sharpen/replace the knives. My FIL has a set he bought from his nephew and its jam up. I have the filet knife and its good for trout and crappie, but the Bubba blade set is much better for red fish and snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I have ONE like this.

[ATTACH]910813[/ATTACH]

It hasn't impressed me yet.
                      Really? Love mine. Makes quick work on deer/pigs

Comment

I don't have complete set of the kitchen knives, but I own a lot of them. The steak knives are the best I've ever used. I have an 11 inch chef's knife that my wife messed up pretty good trying to use it as a meat cleaver. Sent it in and they replaced it - No Questions Asked. The cheese knife is the bomb. I have a couple of utility knives that get used a lot. Two sets of Super Shears - MUST HAVE. I've taken these apart and used to skin a hog because it was all I had in my pack. Worked better than my knife would have. Also have the same hunting knife pictured above in post #5 and I love it.

Comment

Worth the price? Not really in my opinion. That being said it took me buying a couple of their knives to realize that. Now I wont toss the ones that I have but I probably wont buy another one.

Comment

The kid that showed them to us told us how much money I could save by cutting up chickens, ribeye rolls, etc by having his expensive knives. I told him I could save $1200 off the top by not buying his knives because you can do that stuff with cheaper knives I already had in the drawer.

Comment

I have some Cutco shears that are great, but the knives.....not that great. I've got a few of their carving knives and paring knives that are just "ok". They don't hold an edge very long, and I'm not very hard on my kitchen knives.

Comment

Nope, they are stamped steel. Not even forged for that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X