Skiing on Spring Break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiing on Spring Break?

Wife and I taking kiddos skiing for the first time. Have narrowed down choices to colorado or new mexico. Went to Taos about 10 yrs ago and remember it didnt seem kid-friendly. Went to Red River a few times but that was over 20 yrs ago. Thought I'd check with the GS for some suggestions...kid friendly, good parking or ski-in/ski-out, decent lift prices and equip rental, etc?

i would recomend park city utah.

Comment

Crowded but Breckenridge is awesome for kids. Smugglers notch in Vermont is number one for family and kids

Comment

Skiing on Spring Break?

Went skiing over the Holidays in Red River. Kids had fun. But honestly I'm just partial to the town of Red River.

Comment

Angel Fire NM is very kid friendly. Mt Shavano in CO is also very kid friendly.

Comment

For the price, you cant beat Monarch in Colorado. Kid friendly,cheap lift tickets and no long lines. Closest town is Salida. My favorite is Keystone but it is very pricey. Just my 2 cents!

Comment

Beaver Creek!!! That part of Colorado (Eagle County) has it all........especially for families. Even VAIL is worth the price as it is idealic. We are thinking about going again this year.

Comment

I went to Taos last year and took my daughter. She was 2.5 at the time so she couldn't ski. We loved the place and their kids center was great. The mountain is more difficult and if it's your first time to ski it is advisable not to go to the top of the mountain as there is no "easy" way down. We are headed to Keystone in February for a week. I started skiing there when I was 9 (I'm 35 now). It is awesome for kids and families. Check out their kid's activities at www.keystoneresort.com.

Comment

Crested Butte is nice and kid friendly and ski in ski out

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Beaver Creek!!! That part of Colorado (Eagle County) has it all........especially for families. Even VAIL is worth the price as it is idealic. We are thinking about going again this year.
                    X10000. Love Beaver Creek. Spent 2 weeks there last summer and skied there tons over the years. Kids love it.

Comment

Vail is the best everything, hands down, other than it is pricey! Staying in the village is very nice.

Copper is another good choice!

The further south in Colorado the cheaper.

Durango, Wolf Creek, etc. but you get what you pay for.

Are you driving or flying?

Picking up skis on the drive in is cheaper than getting them at the mountain.

Also buying lift tickets and arranging lessons can be bought cheaper ahead of time.

Do not skip the lessons for any first timers.

Comment

Skiing on Spring Break?

We're headed to Tahoe this year. I'll have an opinion when we get back.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
                          We're headed to Tahoe this year. I'll have an opinion when we get back.
                          You'll have a cast when you get back!

Comment

I highly recommend Winter Park, easy to get to and great family skiing.

Comment

Re: Skiing on Spring Break?

X2 on winter park, although it's proximity to Denver/Boulder makes it pretty crowded on the weekends.
                              Last edited by The Crippler; 01-15-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X