Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A white flat bed gonna show dirt,grime etc like nobody bidness

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        A white flat bed gonna show dirt,grime etc like nobody bidness

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        And rust. Had a kid bring that up. Leaning more toward black. At least then the rist wont ba as visible when the paint scratches.

Comment

New pics of todays progress.

Got the fuel filler neck in, got the trough in, put a receiver in the bumper, added some stake pockets and tie-downs, and got the skirt welded in completely.

Comment

Can I ask how the stake pockets are going to work?

Comment

Nice looking work

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                Can I ask how the stake pockets are going to work?
                They are 2x4 tubing that extends 2" above the floor and 2" below the floor, so I can put boards in them if I need taller sides. Same as they would on a regular truck bed.

Comment

I guess you are going to notch the deck to fit the uprights through?

Comment

Yes, the floor plate will fit around the pockets.

Comment

Progress was slow over the weekend because I have hit the point that the small details are taking lots of time without much noticeable progress. But, I got the tail completely finished, and am going to work on the headache rack to get it totally finished out. Then all I have left is the toolbox doors and she will be ready for paint.

Comment

Decked and tacked in. Gotta get the toolbox doors figured out and then I can take it off, finish out the welding, and shoot some paint.

Utilizing the factory backup camera and park assist sensors.

This shot was supposed to show the backup camera, but a shadow got in the way. Its right above the license plate.

And this one just because.

Comment

A day behind where I want to be, but we got the headache rack done and everything welders up, except the floor plate. Had some pretty big gaps in the floor because I measured wrong (oops ��) so we have to scab some pieces in and weld it up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it washed and clean by tomorrow evening and maybe I can slip up to the school Saturday and paint it so it can be dry Monday.

Comment

Lookin good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got color laid down finally. And again, I do not claim to be a painter. Got the gloss a little more even I think, but there are lots of touch ups that need to be done. Gonna let it cure over the weekend and check it out on Monday.

No pics yet. I was tired.

Comment

Well, she may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but I take pride in the fact that I designed it and me and my kids built it. I wish I was a better painter to halo accent the kids' abilities better, but it is what it is. I'm already appreciating the lower sides and easy of access. Just need to get her wired and the lights hooked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X