"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Any good word on the Heli hunt? Ive "heard" about 60 hogs killed.
    Yeah I heard only flew on private land this year right before grxh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Private only! Plentiful pigs from now until next Feb... Prob over a thousand out there in the making!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
        Yeah I heard only flew on private land this year right before grxh
        Thatd make sense...now...knowing who I heard it from. Thanks Danimal.

Very very encouraging... Chief. Are you still seeing that sounder on Sorefinger?

Comment

Fishing now bro! Pigs are safe from me til next yr

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
            Fishing now bro! Pigs are safe from me til next yr

I’m almost there too **** ragweed is starting to come up fast, fishing is pretty good. been hunting a lot of rabbits haven’t seen no ticks on them at all so that’s a good sign for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got into a huge sounder for about 30 minutes. Unfortunately they were in some high brush that was up to about the top of my head and my gear was continuously caught on the brush. I kept spooking them about 10m away (it sounded and looked like a stampede...) while trying to get a line-of-sight (I needed to be within 5m due to thickness of the brush); they'd run about another 10m or so; repeat. Anyway it was a fun time regardless, had a chance at a few shots but there was still significant brush in the way, so never took any.

Afterwards I was thinking of a better way to handle that situation. Anyone ever tossed something heavy over to their other side to try to get them to come towards you? Or maybe I should have just stay put and hoped that they wandered enough to get near me.
              Last edited by jbord39; 03-18-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Which hunting area of granger do y’all think would be accessible via mountain bike? I’m looking to put my bow on my back and cover some miles a little easier/faster. I’ve gone around pecan grove a few times because there is a half-*ss trail to ride on....but no hog luck yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

San Gabriel units ur best bet

Comment

Yep Good mountain bike trails on both sides of the spillway heading into pecan grove.
                    Good path from FM496/nature trail gate all the way to the primitive camp.
                    Good path from FM358/gate 1 south into sore finger (just one difficult gully to ford)
                    I have ridden mountain bike from gate 6 to gate 7 but the path is convoluted.

Comment

I won't be back in time for the Granger draw, **** it!!!!! I guess I will just stomp the woods for pigs come November, lol

Comment

Amazing how many deer you see while riding a mountain bike. Guess the noise the bike makes is not associated with danger.
                        Last edited by NightStalker; 03-21-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Fine white line on photo is bike path between gate 6 and gate 7. Green line is WMA boundry.
                          Last edited by NightStalker; 03-21-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

U can pretty much take a decent mountain bike around the whole lake! Its all flat pretty much...getting pretty green though.

Comment

I’m giveing up till summer these granger hogs are smarter than they should be

Comment

Originally posted by HunterT View Post
                                I’m giveing up till summer these granger hogs are smarter than they should be
                                Went out sunday..... I'm thinking same thing time to go fishing.... I somehow managed to knock quiver off my crossbow it's on big peninsula somehwere... frik me... so if anybody find crossbow quiver with 2 red white bolts with muzzy heads it's mine...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X