No announcement yet.

Homemade Fly trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I would have seen this before I bought the one at TSC. A week or two ago we had flies like crazy so I bought the $5 trap. But the bait that came with it must be more for horseflies or "barn" flies. The packet when mixed with water smells like manure. And I have caught just a few flies since putting it up.

Comment

Cool. Will remember this for future camping trips.

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
        Wish I would have seen this before I bought the one at TSC. A week or two ago we had flies like crazy so I bought the $5 trap. But the bait that came with it must be more for horseflies or "barn" flies. The packet when mixed with water smells like manure. And I have caught just a few flies since putting it up.
        The $5 one from a store absolutely works, but it takes a couple of days to get stinky enough to really draw in the flies. (Regular ones.) After that it will hold literally thousands of flies. Just give it a little time. Make sure string or wire is strong and hang it away from where your nose will be.

Comment

I will try this today!! Thanks

Comment

We used to make these out of water bottles and the sugar packets from our MREs when I was in the Corps. They work.

Comment

Built one and put it outside this morning.

Comment

How much sugar do you use? Made one but they are not coming to it, more sugar i think?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I have used this method with apple cider vinegar worked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X