Kids hunting license/divorced parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids hunting license/divorced parents

Parents divorced. Mom buys son lifetime hunting license. Dad gets on lease and now mom won't let son use his license except to hunt with her. There has to be a way around this! Any suggestions?

File for lost HL and get a replacement mailed to dad

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
      Parents divorced. Mom buys son lifetime hunting license. Dad gets on lease and now mom won't let son use his license except to hunt with her. There has to be a way around this! Any suggestions?
      All you have to do is go to Academy with his social security # and get a replacement license $5

Comment

You can have 20 or more HL .... just one in possession while hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Well done, sir.

Comment

I thought about that, but coiuldn't she bring it up in court (if it gets ugly) that he really didn't lose it and dad was just getting more tags?

Comment

I don't know about this. Cause now he has 2 licenses. My suggestion would to be contact GW. and attorney. Also offer to pay for half of cost. Put it in writing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

This sounds like a great idea.
                Of all the things to fight about this is a bad one.

Comment

Call game warden when kid is with dad...tell him mom is hunting under sons license (if she has it in possession it is assumed she is hunting with it since he gone)...get lifetime card from mom while she is in jail.

You're welcome.

Jk of course but that is cruel

oh look...what is that?

Comment

Can you buy a kids license at Academy for him even though he already has one? I think they are $5

Comment

I thought about that, but coiuldn't she bring it up in court (if it gets ugly) that he really didn't lose it and dad was just getting more tags?
                      If dad gets visitation rights, I'm not sure how mom can dictate what they do, especially if it's an activity she's obviously okay with the kid doing. Might need to talk to a lawyer. It sounds like she bought the lifetime license for the express purpose of using the "I bought it, he can't use it with you" reasoning. If mom truly cares about her son, she'd want him to be able to hunt with his dad.

Comment

Yeah I know there have been worse things that go on but this is messed up. They have been divorced for years! Usually help each other out all the time with the kids. Then today she throws this at him. He has full custody so they are with him most of the time anyway.

Comment

Gee wiz, there is a work that rhymes with hunt that describes this woman.

Comment

Yeah I know there have been worse things that go on but this is messed up. They have been divorced for years! Usually help each other out all the time with the kids. Then today she throws this at him. He has full custody so they are with him most of the time anyway.
                            Sounds like she is but hurt and is trying to use the kid as a pry bar

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

If that's the case, I'm not sure how she can do this. Not sure how it works with minors, but it's HIS license now, not hers. I don't see how she can do something that keeps her ex from doing something legal with his son, especially with him having full custody. It's not like a bicycle that she keeps at her house and doesn't want the kid to take home with him. This is something that the dad can't just buy another one so that the kid has one at each parent's house

Comment

Working...
                              X