Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep gonna be wet, heck I may just quit feeding all together

I'm glad my timed feeders are still set at a couple seconds, not gonna be much demand for protein the next few weeks.

Comment

3" in Irion County.

Comment

Still coming down...we haven't had to fill protein feeders in 2 months.

Comment

4 1/4 inches since this time yesterday northwest of Angelo

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
            4 1/4 inches since this time yesterday northwest of Angelo
            Around Water Valley?

Comment

I have been in San Angelo since yesterday & let me tell you, they have had some good rain!

Comment

2.25" in Christoval area...

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was able to make it out to the lease this past weekend to take a good buddy and his father on a turkey hunt. To say we had a good weekend of hunting would be an understatement. This is the second year I have taken them hunting, as his father fly’s down from NC just for this Hunt. Last year we were able to complete his turkey grand slam, so this year I was unsure how we were going to top that. Well long story short, year two brought two birds for Robert and his first pig ever. Some great memories made out West this past weekend. I also caught a piglet after what felt like about ten minutes of chasing this thing and got a little deer lease cardio in. I should of never told the kids about it because now all I’m hearing is “Dad!!! Why didn’t you bring it home!?!?”

*Disclaimer* “bacon bit” was released safely.

On a side note, it’s one of the greenest years I’ve seen out west and we’re getting rains at one of the most critical times of growing season. Usually we average about 6 tons of protein a month but totals for this year are 6 tons of protein and I believe 4 tons of cottonseed. The last protein round was in February for us. Unreal, but I’ll take whatever Mother Nature gives us. Going to be a phenomenal year for antler growth and overall herd health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Jzoch;14126336]Was able to make it out to the lease this past weekend to take a good buddy and his father on a turkey hunt. To say we had a good weekend of hunting would be an understatement. This is the second year I have taken them hunting, as his father fly’s down from NC just for this Hunt. Last year we were able to complete his turkey grand slam, so this year I was unsure how we were going to top that. Well long story short, year two brought two birds for Robert and his first pig ever. Some great memories made out West this past weekend. I also caught a piglet after what felt like about ten minutes of chasing this thing and got a little deer lease cardio in. I should of never told the kids about it because now all I’m hearing is “Dad!!! Why didn’t you bring it home!?!?”

*Disclaimer* “bacon bit” was released safely.

On a side note, it’s one of the greenest years I’ve seen out west and we’re getting rains at one of the most critical times of growing season. Usually we average about 6 tons of protein a month but totals for this year are 6 tons of protein and I believe 4 tons of cottonseed. The last protein round was in February for us. Unreal, but I’ll take whatever Mother Nature gives us. Going to be a phenomenal year for antler growth and overall herd health.

Congrats again to y’all, Jared!

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                          Around Water Valley?
                          Yes sir, just a few minutes northwest of WV.

Great pics Jared!

Comment

Heading to Christoval Thursday for one last go at Mr. Long Beard. Going to have to bring the weed eater this time. Grass and weeds have gotten crazy high with the recent rains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cliffs may 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	24579216

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                              Heading to Christoval Thursday for one last go at Mr. Long Beard. Going to have to bring the weed eater this time. Grass and weeds have gotten crazy high with the recent rains.

[ATTACH]955656[/ATTACH]

Stop by Seismic as long as you are in a weedeating mood.....don't cut my botannical flowers though....

Name:	00Seismic view6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	24579218

Name:	00Seismic view7.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	24579219

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post

[ATTACH]955656[/ATTACH]
                                Good luck.

Looks like another big system of rain this afternoon into tonight for the Angelo area.

Comment

Working...
                                X