No announcement yet.

Why the stupid highway signs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same reason rule books, sop's, mop's, instructions, directions have gotten bigger along with everything else that has a yellow sticker on it......STUPID PEOPLE! Shame it couldn't be cheaper to find a cure for stupid!lol Not against the law to be stupid or worse yet...to procreate more stupid.

As far as signs go tho, I'm really happy they moved that deer crossing sign.

Comment

You left out the sign with the car and zig zag lines behind it. “Slippery when wet”. Imagine that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How bout the “baby on board” signs chicks out on heir cars? Drives me insane

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          I like "Hitchhikers May Be Escaped Inmates"
          I want one of those!

I saw a "crossing sign" in New Mexico with a Turkey, elk, antelope and a sasquatch on it. Figure those bigfoot hunters should camp there

Comment

Ice can form on a bridge when it's freezing.

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I want one of those!

I saw a "crossing sign" in New Mexico with a Turkey, elk, antelope and a sasquatch on it. Figure those bigfoot hunters should camp there

You can find them roadside in Huntsville

Comment

If they didn't warn the guardrail was damaged and someone idiot drove through it they would probably sue saying they would have taken a different route or something if they knew it was damaged. Sounds ridiculous but we live in a litigious society.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

You're welcome
                  May need time to study on this a while.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    Guardrail Damage Ahead:

Okay, well dang. I was gonna hit that one but somebody already beat me to it. Maybe I can get the next one.

Pass With Care:

Well crap. I was just going to pass grandma going up this hill but now I'll have to wait.

Loose Gravel:

That's it. I'm turning around and finding a road with tight gravel.

This Road May Flood

Yea, but it may not. And it's not flooded now. What to do, what to do.

What's the purpose of these signs other than some politicians brother-in-law is in the sign making business.
                    Possibly but actually TDCJ inmates make the vast majority of TX road signs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You can find them roadside in Huntsville
                      So you have one

Comment

I sorta appreciate the loose gravel warnings sometimes, as I hate dinks in the windshield & nice to have a heads up.

The ones that get me are those yellow 'suggested' speed limit signs to slow down on gradual turns where you can still see for hundreds of yards & no reason at all to adjust...bad enough as is much less the ding-dongs who think it's a posted limit.

Comment

You're welcome
                          In Louisiana . . Bridge freezes before road . .

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                            Not a sign issue but what is up w the safe zones in New Mexico ?
                            Those areas drive me crazy.
                            Those are a beating. Speed limit should be 100 on those roads but instead they do the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                              How bout the “baby on board” signs chicks out on heir cars? Drives me insane

I see a lot of those. What's ironic is most vehicles I see with one are driving like they stole it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                                No signs and no guardrails
                                Yeah forgot about no guardrails. It is sure different not seeing any.
                                Just getting used to all the antelope and mule deer crossing the highway at night was something. Had some close calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X