Official!!! Lampasas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    Big deer killed in bar ditch Just past the for sale sign last Thursday. Big heavy horned 8.
    Don't like to hear that.

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
    Do the ones in my front yard, in the middle of town count?
    Crazy how many deer hang out in that town. Do you notice more during hunting season?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
      Don't like to hear that.

Crazy how many deer hang out in that town. Do you notice more during hunting season?
      It is wild how many of the deer are "resident" deer. Lol. I see a lot of the same ones and the new crop getting raised up each year. For sure during hunting season, I do see some new ones as well. It's not a huge wave of new deer that come in, but I certainly notice the new faces.

Comment

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
        It is wild how many of the deer are "resident" deer. Lol. I see a lot of the same ones and the new crop getting raised up each year. For sure during hunting season, I do see some new ones as well. It's not a huge wave of new deer that come in, but I certainly notice the new faces.
        At least once a season, usually when we are not seeing much at our lease, we will drive thru the neighborhoods on the West side of town and just check 'em out. Doesn't matter what time of day, we will always see some, sometimes a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
          At least once a season, usually when we are not seeing much at our lease, we will drive thru the neighborhoods on the West side of town and just check 'em out. Doesn't matter what time of day, we will always see some, sometimes a bunch.
          I live on the west side of town. Lol. They're out all hours for sure.

Comment

I hunt about 10 miles north of Lampasas off 281 near School Creek. Lots of deer, hogs and turkeys according to tc's a couple months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BGRAX View Post
              I hunt about 10 miles north of Lampasas off 281 near School Creek. Lots of deer, hogs and turkeys according to tc's a couple months ago.
              Just passed you along the Lampasas....

Comment

Made a lease trip this last weekend. Its amazing how much our area has dried out. Deer are starting to hit the feeders a lot harder. Had three decent bucks on cams and we are still missing some nice bucks from last year that we know made it through the season.

Comment

I will be making a trip in a couple of weeks to set up tree stands and a ground blind, fill feeders and check cameras. Can't wait to see the pics. We have a herd of "piebald" deer running through our place. Owner doesn't allow us to hunt them though. Beautiful animals.

Comment

I see white whitetails all the time on 281 right around school creek or Lucy. Not sure which one it is.. May be Patterson as well?

Comment

Well season is 59 days away ������so close!!!! I wish all of you bloody arrows! Good luck

Comment

Official!!! Lampasas hunting thread

Here's a few recent pics. Looking forward to some stand time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439173194.630037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	24396293

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439173222.832881.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	24396294

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439173248.022972.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	24396295

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439173282.472954.jpg
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	24396296

Comment

looking good 686. Nothing wrong with some chicken-fried turkey tenders!

Big boy in the center of pic. 2 looks like he might be a little older. Is that the same deer in pic. 3? He looks pregnant!

Comment

Yeah our older bucks have some beer bellies on this place. The place hasn't been hunted nor any supplemental feed put out in years, (prior to us getting on it a few months ago) so kinda surprised to see the weight on some of these guys.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439254233.285610.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	24396384

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439254273.686009.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24396385

Comment

I'm thinking that crab claw buck in the foreground of a couple of the photos will be a cull, and the buck with the grey neck is probably ready.

Comment

Nice 8 back in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X