Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a steam shower or steam room???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a steam shower or steam room???

TBH seems to have a lot of knowledge in many ares, so hope this is one.

Amoung other crap that goes wrong or stops working right as I get older I somehow ended up with CVA(Cough Variant Asthma).. It really sucks, basicly a chronic cough. After reading that steam helps some people, I have built a makeshift steam shower and it is really helping. I have been able to cut back on meds including my inhaled corticosteroid. Next step is the real deal.

Before adding $3-5K to my shower for the upgrades, and words of advice? I have a washer/dryer closet next to walkin shower that I can put the stream generator/water supply/and drain.

I looked at some of the addon steam saunas rooms, but think adding steam to shower might be better. I will also have to install a glass door to the shower.

My brother and I were just talking about this yesterday morning. We sit in the steam room after our workout for about 5 minutes. Clears you right up. I would think that converting your shower (assuming its sufficiently sized) to a steam room would be as simple as a door that properly seals, a steam nozzle/water supply and heater, and a heck of a vent/fan. Lol in for curiosity's sake...

Comment

Ive been thinking about a dry sauna myself. I need to seriously look into it.

Comment

Couldn't you just purchase a nebulizer and try that for 5 minutes a day? Seems a lot cheaper than installing a steam shower. Just thought Id throw that out there. I don't have any knowledge on steam showers, sorry.

Comment

I want one

Comment

We have a sauna at work that is AWESOME. I find myself in it everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Ive been thinking about a dry sauna myself. I need to seriously look into it.

Look up sunlighten saunas. I do installs for them and they are great units. They are infrared saunas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought my first home and I'm seriously thinking about converting the shower into a steam shower. I have horrible allergies and those things clear me right out.

Comment

We have a Blue Wave cedar sauna that’s literally been a life saver for me. After 4 shoulder surgeries and neck problems, if I don’t get in this thing at least once a week I regret it. Has the infrared heaters vs the ceramic.

Comment

Before the 2016 flood and subsequent remodel. I had a steam shower that was already installed when we bought the house. It was a Jacuzzi brand. It also had a roof over the shower to keep the steam in.

Comment

Working...
                    X