No announcement yet.

Young county hunters..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out there today trying to get ready for our first hunt on our new property. It will be my wife's hunt and hopefully 1st deer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Acorns must be dropping like crazy
      Our feeder pics have dropped way off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am also on the Young/Throckmorton County line (just west of Padgett). Earlier in the summer, all was very green and lots of new grasses, etc. I was out there on Saturday to check feeder, camera, etc. Didn't look as brown as it normally would this time of year, but the ground definitely has not been getting as much rain as I've gotten at home in Parker and Tarrant counties. Pond near camp was way down from earlier in summer.
        More bucks (and shooters) on my camera since July 5 than I had all of last year

Where at ? We are just north west of Padgett maybe 1 mile.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lonewolf;12870185]I am also on the Young/Throckmorton County line (just west of Padgett). Earlier in the summer, all was very green and lots of new grasses, etc. I was out there on Saturday to check feeder, camera, etc. Didn't look as brown as it normally would this time of year, but the ground definitely has not been getting as much rain as I've gotten at home in Parker and Tarrant counties. Pond near camp was way down from earlier in summer.
          More bucks (and shooters) on my camera since July 5 than I had all of last year

Where at ? We are just north west of Padgett maybe 1 mile.

Comment

Sent a request for the FB page. Anyone had any luck yet?

Comment

I’m heading this weekend for my first sit of the year and first sit on my new property so I’m pretty excited. The weather is going to suck though.

Comment

sit late and during the middle of the day if you can. this last weekend out there i had bucks walking around about 11 am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

I was out there two weeks ago. Deer activity at the feeder was way down. Not sure if its the acorns or not. Maybe a good freeze would help push them to the feeders. I'll be out there again this weekend but it dang sure aint gonna freeze. ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                    I was out there two weeks ago. Deer activity at the feeder was way down. Not sure if its the acorns or not. Maybe a good freeze would help push them to the feeders. I'll be out there again this weekend but it dang sure aint gonna freeze. ha ha.

Shorts and snake boots!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      Shorts and snake boots!
                      and lots of adult beverages

Comment

Yeah I was out there a week ago. My corn hadn't been touched. Pictures but I didn't see near the activity I had previously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          I’m heading this weekend for my first sit of the year and first sit on my new property so I’m pretty excited. The weather is going to suck though.

Congrats. That's awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be out there this weekend also. Probably hunt in nothing but a thong and body paint, and plenty of adult beverages!

Comment

Watched this guy for around 30 mins last Saturday evening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's dead in my area outside Newcastle. Deer are avoiding feeders and not hearing many shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X