Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Declined a customer over their conservative beliefs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Declined a customer over their conservative beliefs...

I work with your typical "snowflake". We received a lead to do some web maintenance for a client which is a non-profit and provides legal services to individuals/businesses and lobbies.

He declined to take their account because their views were counter to his. It's been passed to me.

Ironically, I think they are the legal foundation defending the cake baker in Colorado who is being sued for declining to make a wedding cake for the gay couple.

I have my principles but in business I in no way shape or form expect others to conform or adhere to my beliefs

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    I work with your typical "snowflake". We received a lead to do some web maintenance for a client which is a non-profit and provides legal services to individuals/businesses and lobbies.

He declined to take their account because their views were counter to his. It's been passed to me.

Ironically, I think they are the legal foundation defending the cake baker in Colorado who is being sued for declining to make a wedding cake for the gay couple.

I have my principles but in business I in no way shape or form expect others to conform or adhere to my beliefs

Then you are a better human that he is. You work for a business, you have an obligation to do a job. Regardless of personal feelings, as long as that obligation causes no harm.

Comment

His business not to get commissions, I guess. More for you. Seems to be a pretty indirect connection to whatever the objection is, though. Against free will, evidently.

Comment

I really like your last paragraph. I am the same way. I like to listen to Conservative talk radio on jobs but never so that it interferes or can be heard. It gets shut off when clients approach but a customer forced me to take my radio down to the truck from a downtown high-rise years ago because he is a huge, intolerant liberal. He couldn't even hear it because I turned it off. He asked what I was listening to when he arrived but I told him classic rock. He turned on my radio to see the dial setting then, he knocked over my radio, stormed off and threw a tantrum. He even stopped trading with me over it.

A few years passed and their FNG wasn't cutting the mustard so, they called me back. My simple answer was, "Nope. Tell Joe I still like talk radio" and I hung up the phone. They still call me every few months to do their work. They crossed a line and it ain't gonna happen. It's amazing how intolerant the most tolerant people in the Country can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          I really like your last paragraph. I am the same way. I like to listen to Conservative talk radio on jobs but never so that it interferes or can be heard. It gets shut off when clients approach but a customer forced me to take my radio down to the truck from a downtown high-rise years ago because he is a huge, intolerant liberal. He couldn't even hear it because I turned it off. He asked what I was listening to when he arrived but I told him classic rock. He turned on my radio to see the dial setting then, he knocked over my radio, stormed off and threw a tantrum. He even stopped trading with me over it.

A few years passed and their FNG wasn't cutting the mustard so, they called me back. My simple answer was, "Nope. Tell Joe I still like talk radio" and I hung up the phone. They still call me every few months to do their work. They crossed a line and it ain't gonna happen. It's amazing how intolerant the most tolerant people in the Country can be.
          That customer needed a courtesy *** whoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
            That customer needed a courtesy *** whoopin.

He didn't do damage, just tried to make a scene. He's a weird duck anyway so, I expected little differently.

I saw the same guy do a scheduled t.v. interview for a local news station. They went to one of his job sites and what I saw was him barefoot, jeans rolled up just under his knees, his white dress shirt completely unbuttoned (no undershirt), his gray hair completely a disheveled and he did the whole interview squatted atop a large rock.

This guy is extraordinarily wealthy but evidently, his problems run deep and wide!

Comment

He didn't do damage, just tried to make a scene. He's a weird duck anyway so, I expected little differently.

I saw the same guy do a scheduled t.v. interview for a local news station. They went to one of his job sites and what I saw was him barefoot, jeans rolled up just under his knees, his white dress shirt completely unbuttoned (no undershirt), his gray hair completely a disheveled and he did the whole interview squatted atop a large rock.

This guy is extraordinarily wealthy but evidently, his problems run deep and wide!
              Sounds like someone collected a good inheritance check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                Sounds like someone collected a good inheritance check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He actually earned it all himself. I often wonder how he even gets thru a day without being run over but he does it.
                Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 08-05-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Well liberals are a very resilient bunch!! Lol

Comment

it just goes to show, money can't buy you brains.

Comment

Moron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully he gets terminated!

Comment

Stupidity

Comment

Working...
                          X