Guess his age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess his age?

The deer is in harris county for reference.
    Attached Files

Young

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      Young
      What do you call young, or old?

Comment

Old! 8.5

Comment

2.5 long legged looks like a thoroughbred

Comment

Young

Comment

Either very young or very old. I'm leaning towards very old

Comment

Very short rib cage and short brisket. I'm thinking 3 to 4. Should be a good

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  Old! 8.5
                  Can you teach me what age characters you use.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                    What do you call young, or old?
                    Looking at this buck I see a short face, long neck, tighter skin, back not really swayed, belly isn't hanging, chest doesn't look all that big, etc. I think he's 2.5 maybe 3.5.

I'm no pro at aging by the way. Just my thoughts.

Comment

young probably 2.5

Comment

I'm going old on this one. Very similar to GarGuys thread a couple weeks ago.

First off something about the sagging under side of mouth. Tarsals aren't as dark as a mature bucks but he probably hasn't bred in a year or 2. Somewhat of a sway back but nothing major. Broad shoulders and brisket. Back end looks worn down compared to the rest of his body. Going out on a limb and saying 9yr old by now.

He looks young but unless you keep good track of your deer its easy to mistaken a old brute for a 2-3 yr old. I know no history on this deer so it's just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          I'm going old on this one. Very similar to GarGuys thread a couple weeks ago.

First off something about the sagging under side of mouth. Tarsals aren't as dark as a mature bucks but he probably hasn't bred in a year or 2. Somewhat of a sway back but nothing major. Broad shoulders and brisket. Back end looks worn down compared to the rest of his body. Going out on a limb and saying 9yr old by now.

He looks young but unless you keep good track of your deer its easy to mistaken a old brute for a 2-3 yr old. I know no history on this deer so it's just a guess.
                          Yup, I can see this too! That back end was throwing me off a little.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                            Yup, I can see this too! That back end was throwing me off a little.
                            Hips sometimes are a dead giveaway but this one is tough. Just doesn't look right.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Hips sometimes are a dead giveaway but this one is tough. Just doesn't look right.
                              Agreed. His back legs to me just look like a young bucks legs. Not much for tarsal glands either. That's the reason I went for the young side.

Comment

Working...
                              X