Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
    I'm a million miler on 2 different airlines...once you have status...fine print doesn't really matter
    So, it's ok for some other passenger to get the short end of the stick as it wouldn't happen to you?

Airline should have just upped the voucher until they had a taker. Few hundred more probably would have done it.

I don't care if a voucher is considered a courtesy. The airline should compensate if overbooking bites them in the rear. Also, stating airline tickets would cost a lot more if airlines didn't overbook is somewhat BS. Airline tickets cost what consumers are willing to pay. If it wasn't affordable, the amount of people flying would decrease substantially.

Comment

& putting their resources on that plane & preserving another entire flight is bad business i guess

Wonder if the folks on the flight that was preserved b/c their flight resources were there on time to fly them to their destination would agree? Keep one guy on so another flight of 250 is cancelled...
      Plan ahead...take out the 4 seats from allocation before selling.

Comment

Whoever involved security should be in the unemployment line

Comment

It happened to me plenty...it's called customer loyalty....if you owned the airline, would you prefer me happy ....or the guy that buys the $300 ticket once every 5 years? Ignorance of a contract is well...ignorance. Don't like the policy...don't buy the ticket

Comment

Never flown United, never will.... No matter what happened, in today's society, public perception is EVERYTHING! Media blasts a dude getting drug off a plane for overbooking and bloodied...it ain't gonna be good for anyone....

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              Plan ahead...take out the 4 seats from allocation before selling.
              & what abt the 5 guys that finish work early & hop on standby for earlier flight, the guy who had a flat tire & missed the flight, the 10 folks affect by weather delays...if you owned the airline...you would just take less margin on every flight i guess when you Know these things happen...lol
              Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think about how this was handled but my guess is that United fubar'd it from the get-go.

Yall remember the 2 girls that got kicked off the plane for wearing leggings a few weeks ago and all the hubbub about that? Well, they were flying on an employee credit program (not sure of the exact name, but my daughter is a FA for AA so I'm somewhat familiar with it). Well, you basically get to fly "as an employee" and the cost of the ticket is just whatever the taxes are. BUT, you are on standby and are bumped if need be, AND there is a dress code that you MUST adhere to in using this "perk". These girls didn't adhere to it as leggings are not permitted under that dress code(shorts/flip flops aren't either). They got booted and raised hell on social media about it. Sorry, you didn't follow the rules. And guess what, the employee looses that "family discount" because of your actions. Sucks for the employee and for you not getting to fly cheap anymore, but follow the rules and there won't be a problem.

Comment

& putting their resources on that plane & preserving another entire flight is bad business i guess

Wonder if the folks on the flight that was preserved b/c their flight resources were there on time to fly them to their destination would agree? Keep one guy on so another flight of 250 is cancelled...
                  I think you are reading more into I then what it is. The link said they needed to be in Louisville by Monday. It's a 4.5 hour drive from Chicago. I do not believe another flight was in jeopardy.

Comment

Lol...i really don't think i am....there's more to airline capacity planning than seats on a plane & all airlines are proficient in capacity planning...if they weren't...they wouldn't be in business.

It's a multi-threaded calculation that factors in what i said above, crew time outs, overages & ton of other considerations that maximize the possibility of filling every seat on every flight
                    Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

& what abt the 5 guys that finish work early & hop on standby for earlier flight, the guy who had a flat tire & missed the flight, the 10 folks affect by weather delays...if you owned the airline...you would just take less margin on every flight i guess when you Know these things happen...lol
                      Take a small loss on the one flight or a huge loss due to the bad PR and million dollar law suit. They made a stupid business decision that could have gotten one of their crew members maimed or killed if they had tried to be forceful with the wrong person.

Comment

I would wager...kick'n folks off oversold planes doesn't even register on any airline PnL...it happens all day, every day, multiple times a day on any given airline...consideration is given to those that spend the most...the low man is SOL...just the way it works & rightfully so

Comment

They screwed up and they should have chartered a jet to get their crew where they needed to be.
                          Would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than fixing the PR nightmare they have now

I don't give a rats *** about the next flight, I payed for MY flight.

The old saying " poor planning on your part does not make an emergency on mine" applies here

Bet you would be singing a different tune if you were headed on a once in a lifetime hunt where all of your flights had to line up and they pulled this

Comment

No way a law abiding citizen that's not causing any problems should ever be treated like that.

Comment

Lol..if they chartered planes for every oversold flight...i wouldn't be able to afford a hunt that required a flight...because that flight would probably cost me $25k...lol

Luckily i have enough miles to get me where i wanna hunt for free & zero risk of being kicked off of it...i dont apologize for that ...i paid for & earned that privilege over the last 20yrs of flying
                              Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

It happened to me plenty...it's called customer loyalty....if you owned the airline, would you prefer me happy ....or the guy that buys the $300 ticket once every 5 years? Ignorance of a contract is well...ignorance. Don't like the policy...don't buy the ticket
                                Arrogance and bad publicity is even more ignorant and going to cost them more than all $$$ you have ever spent on their flights.
                                Last edited by BrandonA; 04-10-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X