Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Ok, .......got a little more info.
    Flight overbooked by 4 people. They needed 4 seat for United employees that needed to get to another hub. United went in and chose 4 folks to leave the flight. The guy was a doctor needing to get to Louisville to see patients in the morning....oops.......bad move!!!! This wont end well for United Airlines.
    Pretty much what I've heard.

CEO of United earned $11.3 million in salary last year. I hereby award the Plaintiff that salary times 10. Any attempt by United to delay immediate payment will result in its board members held in contempt of GS court, and will be confined to county jail until the settlement is paid and will not be released until 180 days are served.

Comment

United is at fault for overbooking flight IMO. Then you random select & if necessary drag someone off the plane? Is that their contingency plan in their overbooked flight policy? Wow

Comment

That's crazy! Just rent the four employees a car and send them to Louisville.
        It said they didn't have to be there until Monday, it's 4.5 hrs from Chicago to Louisville. Give them the $800 for the screw up an everybody is happy. An nobody gets sued! They should fire everybody involved.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Pretty much what I've heard.

CEO of United earned $11.3 million in salary last year. I hereby award the Plaintiff that salary times 10. Any attempt by United to delay immediate payment will result in its board members held in contempt of GS court, and will be confined to county jail until the settlement is paid and will not be released until 180 days are served.
          I agree that it was a horrible move by United, but I have to disagree that there were millions of dollars worth of "damages" done to the passenger. And no I have no idea what this man is owed for this type of treatment.

I say we add United to the TBH boycott list.

Comment

Lol...alot of you folks must not fly much...all airlines overbook as a normal course of business...status, then cheapest seat gets the boot typically

Before taking any action...may want to read the applicable airline's contract of carriage(which one agrees to when the ticket is purchased), i suspect you'll be left with a legal bill as opposed to any settlement...vouchers, miles,etc are offered as a customer courtesy for inconvenience...no more/no less
            Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
              I can guarantee you that if I had paid for a seat on that plane and didn't want to take a later flight, they would have to drag me out kicking and screaming too...not any passengers fault united didn't plan ahead!
              Lol...they do plan. That plan includes %'s for delays, no shows, cancellations, standby, etc.....all factor into that plan...if they only sold the seats on the plane airfare would be unaffordable for alot of folks & 5-10% of each plane's seats would be empty

Comment

Is it possible he was flying stand by ?

Comment

America!

Comment

They wouldn't approve standby passengers if already in an oversold position...now they should have addressed the oversold position before boarding...but the result is the same
                    Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
                      Lol...alot of you folks must not fly much...all airlines overbook as a normal course of business...status, then cheapest seat gets the boot typically

Before taking any action...may want to read the applicable airline's contract of carriage(which one agrees to when the ticket is purchased), i suspect you'll be left with a legal bill & as opposed to any settlement...vouchers, miles,etc are offered as a customer courtesy for inconvenience...no more/no less

I heard from someone that flys a lot for business that there's a ton of fine print when purchasing an airline ticket.

Comment

Those LEO'S sure did a fine job keeping the peace for United.

Comment

I'm a million miler on 2 different airlines...once you have status...fine print doesn't really matter all airlines "gamble" on filling every plane they put in the air

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post

Before taking any action...may want to read the applicable airline's contract of carriage(which one agrees to when the ticket is purchased), i suspect you'll be left with a legal bill as opposed to any settlement...vouchers, miles,etc are offered as a customer courtesy for inconvenience...no more/no less
                            Im not sure but their rules say but they can deny boarding. We can argue...but he was already boarded and in his seat.

Its amazing they did this to move their own employees...I will never fly United over this incident. I think it is INSANE. This wasnt for "overselling" it was for company convenience

Read online that the police officer that helped remove him has been suspended temporarily as they investigate.
                            Last edited by 8mpg; 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              They should have started offering cash or vouchers and just upped the number until they got enough takers. Dragging a guy screaming from the plane isn't the best PR move an airline ever made.
                              This. I was flying east to Rhode Island and flight was overbooked . They asked any interested persons to go to th checkin desk. Heck I went to see the offer. After negotiations got booked on a later flight, first class, got to wait in their frequent fliers vip lounge with free food and drinks and got a $200 gift card. Heck I thought I won the lottery.

Comment

& putting their resources on that plane & preserving another entire flight is bad business i guess

Wonder if the folks on the flight that was preserved b/c their flight resources were there on time to fly them to their destination would agree? Keep one guy on so another flight of 250 is cancelled...

Comment

Working...
                                X