Fleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
    the only thing I have found that worked well in my yard was diatamacious earth. Last time I had a flea issue, I bought the big bags of the feed type at Tractor Supply and spread throughout the yard. It did get rid of them. Of course, I dipped the dogs also so maybe a combination of the two worked.
    Tractor supply has the 40lb bags on sale right now for 17.99

do a check on the medication you give your dog. We had been giving one of our dogs something that was working very good(sorry, don't remember the brand). Did some research and found out there was a ton of side effects. Many owners were reporting horrible side effects their dogs were suffering from.
    Did the diatomaceous er the as well! It works

Comment

Found this looking for other options myself. Trying to prevent getting as bad as he had it a few years ago which was the worst infestation I've ever seen. Can't remember what we used then to kill them in the barns. If you wore white out there, you'd be black in 30 seconds and had to strip down before walking inside. Bought some carbaryl 4l, and did 1st spray yesterday, but not at the recommended dose. Decided to bite the cost and will do it as recommended friday, put the sprayer on the tractor and lay it thick, then again for the next 2 weeks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I put out the Ortho granules then water it in with the liquid. It kills everything. Then we get some kind of pill for the mutts.

Comment

I stopped trying to kill them in the yard, and instead knocked them dead on the dogs. Give them some Bravecto. Kills everything on them in 30 minutes and kills everything for 12 weeks after. Flees will move off of the property in no time. I usually give it to my dogs in June and it lasts all summer.

Comment

I sprinkle a little garlic powder on my dogs food when I feed. He hasn’t had fleas or ticks for a year now. Doesn’t take much after about 2 weeks of doing it.

Comment

Cheaper, in the long run, to treat the dogs with a quality product like Barvecto. All that yard and house spray can add up in a hurry..
              Last edited by BrianL; 07-03-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Cheaper, in the long run, to treat the dogs with a quality product like Barvecto. All that yard and house spray can add up in a hurry..
                Yeah, this stuff I'm going haywire with is 150 for 2.5 gal. That whole jug is for 2 acres, once a week, for 3 weeks. Figuring there had to be something more effective for someone with an applicators license

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X