• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartan Go Cam

First every wireless cam .

Good Easy to use and set up

Great photos

Battery life ( copper tops in it now)

No external battery solar kit ready to go .. I did find a guy that has one for these cameras done minus batter . Very nice box and large panel for 99 dollars .. I know that I could piece one together and maybe save a few bucks .. Or end up sending things back from where ever I bought them when it did not work ..

Bad

Not much info on it as far as easy to use step by step

Items like Sprint info or ATT info They have their own MMS signature

But they do answer the phone super helpful and I was up and running in a very short time.

So a storm blew a branch down and the camera is going crazy I thought about just shutting it down .. Then I thought well a great test on batterys and data plan so I am letting to go I did stop sending them to my phone though HA HA

I am going out this coming weekend and will have to clear the area out .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

This the actual battery box made by Spartan. It does not include a solar panel or battery. You can use either a 6v or a 12v battery in it. Box has converter that outputs 6v. Better bang for your buck with 12v batteries, so I’d recommend something like a 12v 18ah Battery. On the solar panel, buy a 5w or larger 12v panel. Even if you have some 6v batteries on hand to use, buy a 12v panel. Hardware in box converts charge to 6v if needed. It has overcharge protection. They’ve only been out a couple of months but the design seems pretty bullet proof.

SPARTAN SOLAR READY BATTERY BOX Model Number: SC-BAT-BX2 and BX12v In this product:  x1 | Spartan Camera Battery Boxx1 | 6.5 ft solar connection cordx1 | 5 ft nature-resistant output cord The corrosion-resistant Spartan Battery Box is lead-acid compatible, installed with a voltage regulator, and offers charge/reverse p

There’s a version w/o solar panel connection that’s a little cheaper. It’s part # SC-BAT-BX1. Not sure it’s in stock anywhere yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought from Herd360 and I will stay with 6 volt ,.......that converter fails it smokes my go cam ..

As well the conversion from 12 to 6 is not a clean process its waste's power according to those building the box . the up side is 12 volt is cheaper battery wise .

I spoke with the owner of Herd very nice guy , Spartan is lagging with not having a " kit " complete for their camera in my opinion ..

It taking great photos and the branch is making it take a ton of nothing .. I just want to see how that goes ..

Comment

Spartan Go Cam

Spartan owner says he doesn’t foresee a time in the near future where he will provide a panel. And honestly that’s the easiest part to get.

When you say you talked to the people building the box about the 12 to 6v , who did you talk to?

Last edited by Roscoe; 06-28-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Mike I believe and no doubt on the panel . And if some one wants to go through finding a panel etc that is fine.

I did some checking on the 12- 6 volt conversion as well from a electronic view and its not he best .. However does that mean in this application it will matter ?? I have no idea as i have not tested it . But I do know more items out in the weather all leads to more possibility's of issues.

I feel its a missed sale for him that is all .. I own my business and have for over 25 years now.. people like a kit one and done set it and forget it ..

Comment

Mike builds his own kits but is not involved in the Spartan box in any way. He’s a good dude though for sure.

I’m going with 12v because amp per and watt per watt most everything is cheaper in 12v over 6v. As much time and effort as the owner of Spartan put into this box, I’ve got confidence that he has the hardware in the box to make it safe.

Comment

No issues on my end ..

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Mike builds his own kits but is not involved in the Spartan box in any way. He’s a good dude though for sure.

I’m going with 12v because amp per and watt per watt most everything is cheaper in 12v over 6v. As much time and effort as the owner of Spartan put into this box, I’ve got confidence that he has the hardware in the box to make it safe.

I am currently running a 6v 42ah battery with 2 watt solar panel on my 2016 model. No regulator or controller in the set up. What is the maximum supply voltage this camera will operate on?
                Do I need a voltage regulator between my external battery and the camera?
                Want to make sure I dont fry it with 7 volts.

Comment

Well I have a regulator , its never good to over charge a batter , Think of it like a battery tender . you want it charged but not over charged.. Long term you will damage the battery and yes the peak voltage can go up.. as to how much who knows it would be based on a bunch of variables.

would it damage it ?? again who knows you may get some one that it never hurts it and another that it does..

In my world " harleys" we have guys that will cook a 250 dollar battery due to a voltage reg that overs charges the battery .. Glass matt batterys are spendy .

A basic reg is like 15 dollars . To me cheap insurance

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                    Well I have a regulator , its never good to over charge a batter , Think of it like a battery tender . you want it charged but not over charged.. Long term you will damage the battery and yes the peak voltage can go up.. as to how much who knows it would be based on a bunch of variables.

would it damage it ?? again who knows you may get some one that it never hurts it and another that it does..

In my world " harleys" we have guys that will cook a 250 dollar battery due to a voltage reg that overs charges the battery .. Glass matt batterys are spendy .

A basic reg is like 15 dollars . To me cheap insurance
                    My thinking was a 2 watt solar charger wouldnt charge fast enough to get my battery much above 6 volts. Guess I will add one on my next trip so I can sleep at night.

Comment

So when I look at specs its one thing then I test it with an actual meter to see what it really is.. That is the catch 22 Many items are stated to do one thing but in the real world not so much ..

I bought a kit so I could be one and done. It took me 5 minutes to add my Herd 360 Solar kit .

The extra time was I could not figure out the silly strap I brought out as it does not come with one..

You know these plastic clips .. Never did figure it out HA HA Neither of us could I cave manned it .. I tied one strap to the clip and then through the other and tied it off . It will Get a new strap for sure . It would not grip properly no idea why but will go to a metal teeth type
                      Last edited by HDWRENCH; 07-02-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Untitled by GMR Performance, on FlickrUntitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

one nice size pig , thinking I might offer a few hunts to some folks I have way too many pigs out there

Comment

Comment

Very nice pics. Im impressed with the distance.

Comment

I’ve read Spartan is upgrading to a 4G and the 3G won’t work any longer after that. You heard anything on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X