Time Change/Feed Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kjones05 View Post
    What do you mean by, “There are some of these out here”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why were you thinking you needed to adjust your feeders when you posted??

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Why were you thinking you needed to adjust your feeders when you posted??

Mainly thinking that my afternoon feed time is going off so early now that the raccoons, that I’m infested with, are getting to my feeder way before anything else. I haven’t been on this place long and have taken out a few but there has been no slowing them down. Literally a dozen at a time as soon as the feeder goes off or shortly after.

Comment

I set mine for the deer. and it stays like that. hand feed for the hogs.

Comment

Mainly thinking that my afternoon feed time is going off so early now that the raccoons, that I’m infested with, are getting to my feeder way before anything else. I haven’t been on this place long and have taken out a few but there has been no slowing them down. Literally a dozen at a time as soon as the feeder goes off or shortly after.

Then you need to tell the coons that the time changed. Just don't tell the deer. Problem solved.

Comment

I change mine.
            Why? It keeps it simple for me

Comment

Time Change/Feed Change?

I’ve seen to struck some kind of nerve with the “veteran hunters” and “veteran members” of this site.

I came to this site mainly because I shot archery tournaments as a kid and did some hunting growing up. It’s not until now that I have the opportunity to hunt, out side of a buddy of mines place once every couple years for a doe, to have my own place and set up.

So as I sat here with my 5yo son, on his first hunt and watched the coons come out, the question was brought to mind.

Maybe it was a rookie or even a dumb question but relax on the sarcasm.

Last edited by Kjones05; 03-12-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I shift mine couple of times per year in the off-season, and about weekly during the season.

Comment

My feeders automatically changed Sunday morning at 2:00.

Mainly because I never changed them in October

Comment

Really????

Comment

I’ve seen to struck some kind of nerve with the “veteran hunters” and “veteran members” of this site.

I came to this site mainly because I shot archery tournaments as a kid and did some hunting growing up. It’s not until now that I have the opportunity to hunt, out side of a buddy of mines place once every couple years for a doe, to have my own place and set up.

So as I sat here with my 5yo son, on his first hunt and watched the coons come out, the question was brought to mind.

Chin up home slice - everything’s a dumb question on this site to someone.

Comment

I'm think it is the veteran hunters who have struck the nerve.....

So back to your question...You do not have to change your feeder times immediately. Machines stay the same unless programmed to change. The animals stay the same. Only humans change their time. If the feeder clock is currently set an hour early, the schedule feeding time is going to feed that same hour earlier. Its not going to feed according to your watch unless you change it.

If you want to sync the timers up with your watch to make resetting times easier for later then that is the only reason to change your time. I do change mine for the very reason because we adjust through out the year to keep our times right after the crack of dawn and two hours before dusk.
                        Last edited by Smart; 03-12-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Don't let these guys get to ya. They're just throwing some **** and vinegar around. Change the time if you want to stay with your sunrise-sunset pattern and your watch.
                          What I want to know is how you have the coons coming out before dark? I wish mine would do that. A pile of corn and tannerite would take care of that problem real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I'm think it is the veteran hunters who have struck the nerve.....

So back to your question...You do not have to change your feeder times immediately. Machines stay the same unless programmed to change. The animals stay the same. Only humans change their time. If the feeder clock is currently set an hour early, the schedule feeding time is going to feed that same hour earlier. Its not going to feed according to your watch unless you change it.

If you want to sync the timers up with your watch to make resetting times easier for later then that is the only reason to change your time. I do change mine for the very reason because we adjust through out the year to keep our times right after the crack of dawn and two hours before dusk.
                            This is the Law! I've been trying to explain this to Burnadel for years. The only adjustment is the sunrise/sunset getting different about a minute a day. Look at your solar tables for this. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                              This is the Law! I've been trying to explain this to Burnadel for years. The only adjustment is the sunrise/sunset getting different about a minute a day. Look at your solar tables for this. Simple.
                              Or a sunrise/sunset phone app for the more modern tool..

Comment

Chill out man. Humans are the only ones that live and die by the clock. The sun will rise and set within a reasonable amount of time from day to day and this is what the animals go by.

As someone else mentioned you may need to actually adjust it once or twice a year if it bothers you to throw before dark in the off season. Otherwise don’t sweat it.

Who’s stupid idea was daylight saving time anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X