Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
    Read the rules and learned a little from comments here. Never hunted this area. Sound like a lots of luck and decent skill might see a good buck. Doe's not that difficult but limited days to hunt them. Pigs promising opportunity. Talked to the Mgr. Nice fella. Now this old man will make a field trip. I hunt weekdays being retired but will have to tromp around to know the area. So goes Public locations which is new to me. Finding most folk on this thread decent with a lot of poking fun at rookies like me. We deserve it. All good. See ya.
    I hope you are not planning on "tromping around" until after the deer season, even on weekdays. That's a sure way to meet a dark side of even the nicest hunter out there.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
      I hope you are not planning on "tromping around" until after the deer season, even on weekdays. That's a sure way to meet a dark side of even the nicest hunter out there.

Yessir that’s correct. Or setting a stand 100yards from someone else and leave trash scattered around is a quick way to get off to a wrong start. I took video of this said stand/trash today.. fighting the urge to post it and see who the clown is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
        Yessir that’s correct. Or setting a stand 100yards from someone else and leave trash scattered around is a quick way to get off to a wrong start. I took video of this said stand/trash today.. fighting the urge to post it and see who the clown is.

Hoggwild u scared to post it

Lol just messing wit ya

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
          All respect given but disagree. It is public hunt land. I paid to use it. I have not had a chance to check it out. I leave no trash. I need to scout and walk to learn it. Is their a poster somewhere to show the claimed spots? I would never encroach and would steer away if recognized someone is working a spot. Buy your own place or share what is meant to be shared via Public Hunt.

Comment

Somerville PHL 18-19

All respect given but disagree. It is public hunt land. I paid to use it. I have not had a chance to check it out. I leave no trash. I need to scout and walk to learn it. Is their a poster somewhere to show the claimed spots? I would never encroach and would steer away if recognized someone is working a spot. Buy your own place or share what is meant to be shared via Public Hunt.

**** this the exact reason why I’m glad I’m deployed next year. “Let me go tromping around when hunting gets good cause..well...I can do that”

FAWK that guy! [emoji38][emoji38]

Comment

Here we go with another one of these guys....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmmm... so say it was a military guy fresh off deployment, planning to go out, speed scout, and hunt? I know that's not the case, but does that change the calculus?

There's lots of folks with valid reasons to not have had a chance to scout before the season. If they honestly keep an eye out for other hunters and give them a wide berth, what can you really complain about? Sure, it might just be laziness, but how will you know?

Comment

No it’s not a valid excuse! That’s like someone rolling up to a duck hole 10min after legal shooting time and setting up!

These types of people will locate other stands and set up 100yrds...and call it good. You wonder how I know?
                  I got guys now like that out there.

Comment

**** this the exact reason why I’m glad I’m deployed next year. “Let me go tromping around when hunting gets good cause..well...I can do that”

FAWK that guy! [emoji38][emoji38]

Bye.

Comment

Just like this guy did

Comment

No it’s not a valid excuse! That’s like someone rolling up to a duck hole 10min after legal shooting time and setting up!

These types of people will locate other stands and set up 100yrds...and call it good. You wonder how I know?

BS - say a guy just moved to the area and wants to find a place to hunt. He goes out in the middle of the day for a couple of hours to look around because that’s the first chance he’s got...not a thing wrong with that. And something everyone has to deal with because it’s public.

No different than someone that has never duck hunted a lake and sits at the landing or in the middle of open water the first day of a trip somewhere to watch birds.

You’ve got to learn the land somehow or another. It’s not ideal, but I wouldn’t NOT hunt if I moved somewhere during the middle of the year because I was worried about scouting and someone getting their panties wadded up.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                          BS - say a guy just moved to the area and wants to find a place to hunt. He goes out in the middle of the day for a couple of hours to look around because that’s the first chance he’s got...not a thing wrong with that. And something everyone has to deal with because it’s public.

No different than someone that has never duck hunted a lake and sits at the landing or in the middle of open water the first day of a trip somewhere to watch birds.

You’ve got to learn the land somehow or another. It’s not ideal, but I wouldn’t NOT hunt if I moved somewhere during the middle of the year because I was worried about scouting and someone getting their panties wadded up.

My season is done- I could careless!

But these are the folks that will get pizz angry that you are hunting near them when they actual set up near you. There’s people on here i PM/TXT and give them all the info they need to be successful on Sville. Just be respectful guys are hunting..

Comment

Well ask around and read up I'm that guy who will make your trip wasted and so if you walk threw while I'm hunting trust me I'll make you make a wasted trip and gas.... lol so hope to see yall out there soon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

you sir imply situations that absolutely do not apply to me. I am sorry I ever tried to communicate here. And it is public hunt and it is valid. My Lord who gave this land to a select few. I have never hunted public land and only my own or properties I managed. Many folks travel and enjoy the opportunities. I lost my past places to hunt again and decided to try some public stuff. Lessons learned. This generation suffers. And rapidly loosing faith in decency when communicating as well. Im out.

Comment

Hey man, I'm not arguing for the guys who don't have any respect for your stand. I'm just saying there are occasionally folks who only get to start learning the land mid season. It is possible to scout respectfully and find your own spots during the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X